Prime Minister Youth Internship Programme Announced
- Provision of financial relief to young degree holders;
- Improvement in the performance of public sector through internship of young, educated and motivated youth;
- Enhanced employability and capacity of fresh graduates for a better professional future.
- The interns will be working on various assignments in the Ministries/Divisions/ Attached Departments/Autonomous Bodies/Corporations of the Federal Government located in islamabad and other fderal regions near to their hometown so far as practical;
- The placement with various government organizations will be based upon the academic qualifications of the interns and matching the broader academic disciplines with broader functional categorization of jobs within the government.
- The interns will be required to join the programme on full time basis and follow prescribed rules and regulations of the concerned organizations including observance of office working time and confidentiality requirements etc.
- Fresh unemployed postgraduates and graduates of Ferderal regions and childeran of Federal govt, employee posted at islamabad, in all fields of studies who have completed sixteen years of formal education from HEC recognized Universities & Degree Awarding Institutions including external candidates;
- The applicants must be 26 years or less of age by 31, DEC 2012.
- Must have not availed the internship under NIP before.
- The internship is neither an offer of employment on a formal job nor does it confer any right of interns on future employment in the host organization. The programme simply aims to provide an opportunity for on the job training to enhance capacity and employability of interns for a better professional future.
- The interns will be entitled for a monthly stipend of Rs.10, 000 (all inclusive) during one year term of the internship. They will not be entitled for government accommodation or traveling expenses during the term of their internship. They will however, be entitled for OPD medical facilities in government hospitals barring any major surgery, prolonged hospitalization and reimbursement of medical bills.
- The interns will be required to join the programme on full time basis and follow relevant rules and regulations of the government organizations including observance of office working hours, confidentiality requirements and disciplinary rules applicable to government employees.
- The interns will be entitled to only 20 days casual leave during the term of their internship.
- The interns will be required to attend a three days “orientation programme” to be organized by the respective host organization
- The interns will be issued internship completion certificates on successful completion of the programme based on a formal performance and rating mechanism. The evaluation mechanism will include appropriate weightage for attendance, performance on the job and other assignments, which may be allocated from time to time by the host organization.
- The internship duration is one year. However, the Government reserves the right to terminate the internship of an internee at any stage.
- The interns would be at liberty to leave the programme at any stage on 15 day’s advance notice. However, such interns will neither be entitled for internship completion certificate nor will they have any right to receive monthly stipend for remaining period of the internship.
The interns will be placed in the government organizations having functional similarity with their academic background. The preference in terms of geographical location of the placements by the interns will also be considered so far as practicable. However, the final decision in both these matters shall rest with the competent authority, which will be binding on all interns.
In case, one leaves the internship before one year, will there be any penalty or any other implication?
There will be no penalty, in case internship is discontinued on account of a reason duly communicated to the client organization. However, the payment of stipend will automatically be discontinued from the date, the intern may have left the placement. Moreover, no internship completion certificate will be awarded to such interns.
What will be the assignments that I will be required to undertake during my placement as an intern?
All organizations receiving the interns shall be given proper orientation, mentoring and placement program for the whole period of intern’s association within the organization. Such program will be designed to ensure maximum utility of the intern’s output during his/her stay with the recipient organization. The mentoring and constant monitoring by the focal persons will be designed to ensure that the interns actually benefit from their association and their stay is made meaningful in terms of the activities performed and results achieved.
Is it possible to seek transfer of placement as intern from one department/location to another?
No such transfer will be possible and the interns shall have to complete their assignments at the designated place and institution.
What is the address of NIPO Office?
National Internship Programme Office,
Ministry of Inter Provincial Coordination,
Room # 01, 10th Floor, F-6/1,
The interns will be entitled to a monthly stipend of Rupees ten thousand (all inclusive) during the course of internship. The internship is however, in no way an offer of employment on a formal job.
Brief Description Prime Minister Youth Internship Programme
Aimed at training the educated youth of Pakistan through internship in private and public sector offices.
Eligibility Criteria of Prime Minister Youth Internship Programme
All those graduates with 16 years of education from HEC approved educational institutions, not more than 25 years of age.
Geographical Spread of Prime Minister Youth Internship Programme
All over Pakistan
Stipend during Prime Minister Youth Internship Programme
Rs.12,000 per month for 12 months
Number of Interns for Prime Minister Youth Internship Programme
Focal points in each private and public office will be responsible for ensuring effective use of the internees’ services
Areas of Training in Prime Minister Youth Internship Programme
All leading private sector firms/bodies and development sector organizations, federal, provincial and local government offices including educational institutions will be offered services of the internees
Allocation of Interns in Prime Minister Youth Internship Programme
Primarily, the allocation of interns will be made in accordance with the NFC award and FPSC’s recruitment criteria for provincial/regional quotas for all three years. The selection of Interns will be as per their domicile but can be placed in originations outside of their domicile region based on the demand profile and matching of applicant profile. Per year allocation of interns is as under
|1.||Azad Jammu & Kashmir||1000|