Technologist, Cancer Care Service Line
Aga Khan University HospitalFull time Full day
The Cancer Care Service Line at the Aga Khan University Hospital consists of a specialised team of certified, highly trained and experienced oncologists, radiation oncologists, haematologists, surgeons, nurses and technicians who treat specific adult and child cancers and haematological disorders.
The Service Line provides comprehensive cancer care services under one roof. There are, among many other services, a bone marrow transplant unit, a top of the line radiation oncology center with high tech LINACs , brachytherapy, total body irradiation and total Skin Electron Beam Therapy, a PET-CT with dedicated cyclotron, a day care center and an inpatient facility as well. Outpatient facilities include clinics of Medical Oncology, Haematology, Pediatric Oncology and Radiation Oncology. Palliative care is part of the scope of the Service Line in close cooperation with the Home Health Service of AKUH.
Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Technologist, Cancer Care Service Line
You will be responsible to:
- oversee daily set-up of work location and schedule patients for treatment
- deliver ionizing radiation to patients in a safe and accurate manner based on the prescribed treatment plan
- monitor and observe patients receiving ionizing radiation for any unusual reaction and respond to it accordingly
- explain and counsel patients, if required
- localize, simulate, and verify treatment of patients based on prescribed parameters
- assist in maintaining database of patient information and treatment plan
- follow policy and procedures for quality assurances
- assist in ensuring proper operation and maintenance of equipment and accessories
- carry out any other tasks as assigned.
You should have:
- Bachelors in Science with 2 years extensive Radiation Therapy Technologist Training
- prior experience of delivering radiotherapy in a facility equipped with 3D conformal radiotherapy, multileaf collimation, brachytherapy, manual and after loading procedures with experience of high medium and low dose rate treatments will be an added advantage
- knowledge of operating Linear Accelerator and Simulation Equipment
- know-how of mould room procedures
- knowledge of safety and precautionary measures to be taken while dealing with hazardous material
- proficiency in computer applications
- ability to respond to emergency situations and unpleasant events
- good interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested candidates should send their detailed CVs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark the subject with position number "10038054".
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications should be submitted latest by October 1, 2021