Senior Software Engineer
CareemFull time Full day
At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organization that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy.
Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential. Our mission is to build engineering as an institution that nurtures talent into world class engineers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for software engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will work alongside top talent for an accelerated learning path. You will have access to some of the most exciting projects and advanced tech for accelerated learning and exposure.
You will be responsible for automating the different workflows that our commercial and country teams use to drive growth and adoption, balance marketplaces and drive efficiencies in the way we operate. You will be building highly scalable distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices.
Our tech stack is Java 8 and Spring Boot, Micro-Service Architecture, SQL and no-SQL DBs, iOS and Android applications, web front-end and AWS infrastructure. Key responsibilities include:
- Development of our distributed backend system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for our fast-growing business
- Maintain features and systems, with an emphasis on code quality, maintainability, readability, and testing
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our platform
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in Object-oriented design, data-structures and algorithms.
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Must be able to write clean and maintainable code (must love coding!)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
- Able to communicate effectively
- Attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of AWS
- Knowledge of clean code principles
- Deep understanding of design patterns
- Demonstrated ability of test driven development
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics and probability theory
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.