Manager Digital Products
Jazz TelecomFull time Full day
Grade Level: L3
Last date to apply: 25th Oct 2021
What is Manager, Digital Products?
We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our Digital success.
We’re seeking an analytical and technical product leader to lead Digital product management and development. In the role of Manager, Digital Product Development, you will be tasked to build products in leu with our overall Digital Strategy. This primarily includes modernizing the way we build tech, work like a startup, and scale digitally to millions of users. The role specifically revolves around technology product development for Digital Telco, Instant Messaging, and Content platforms, keeping in mind latest social media, Content, and Communication trends.
The role reports directly to the Head of Digital Products & Solutions, and currently has 1 person reporting directly into it with an extended team of 27 team members.
What does Manager, Digital Products do?
- Managing and developing Digital Telco, automation, messaging, and content platforms
- Manage end-to-end technical product lifecycle from ideation to roll out
- Develop a technology ecosystem by adding new features, enhancing the stack to ensure maximum growth and retention, and providing the best streaming and AI-driven contextual experience
- Select correct technical design and development concepts, and associated fundamental Digital BSS, chatbot, messaging and communications technologies
- Formulate and streamline features development rollout, using agile and DevOps practices
- Identify risks and challenges, and present solutions to address tough problems
- Plan and formulate aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and resource requirements
- Technical cost allocation and timely budget planning to manage resources affectively
- Conduct in-progress product reviews to ensure compliance with product goals and operability of solution.
- Should have a good understanding of the telco business, and regulatory environment
- Work collaboratively with the VEON group and internal stakeholders, assisting and troubleshooting to ensure that products are competitive and marketable
- Manage team and stakeholder deliverables and responsibilities
- Ensure timely delivery of projects in collaboration with support functions, and cross-functional teams
- Drive outsourced and insourced engineering teams, and development services providers to supplement the product roadmap
- Identify issues and any barriers within current working practices that might impact product delivery across the company
- Present product vision and technology roadmaps to the C-suite, and key stakeholder leadership
- Implement reporting and analytics systems, for internal teams to track and manage data
- Train and educate the team and wider organization in Agile product development methodologies
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
- At least 7 years hands-on experience in the technology and engineering management domain. An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, AI/ML, or related disciplines. Having an MBA is a plus.
- Leading projects and development teams for large scale (2M+ MAU) digital products, technologies, and platforms - Mobile, Web, Cloud Native stacks, API integrations, and deployments via Agile practices
- Has led a team of either software engineers or technical product managers, with hands on experience in cost assessment and budget/resource allocation
- Experience in media streaming stacks, messaging protocols, AI/ML to develop a contextual product experience
- Implement CI/CD pipelines, and manage DevOps teams
- Understands technology Intellectual Property Rights management
- Software development - Experienced in HTML5, Objective C, C#, Java, Android SDK Developer Toolkit, Xcode, Swift
- Product Management – Agile, Scrum, Jira, Confluence
- Communications stacks & protocols – XMPP, RTP, SIP
- Digital Analytics – Firebase, MixPanel, Google Analytics, Clevertap
- Cloud architecture – Dockers, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS, etc.
- Database management – MySQL, MariaDB, Cassandra
- AI/ML – Python, Tensor Flow, RPA
- API’s - Web Services & Integrations Experience
- Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus / TIBCO / WSO2 will be a plus.
- Knowledge of IP and Networks will be a plus.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 70 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital econom
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.