Sr. Programme Coordinator, WPC(federal)
UNFull time Full day
Reporting to the Secretary, Women’s Parliamentary Caucus (WPC), National Assembly of Pakistan and EVAW Portfolio Manager, UN Women Pakistan, the Sr. Programme Coordinator will act as UN Women’s Focal Point for the WPC and support in organizing collaborative activities, coordinating the work of the WPC, and following up on decisions taken. The Analyst will provide advisory and management support to the WPC to plan strategically, identify and foster linkages with other departments, coordinate with provincial WPCs, effectively fulfill its legislative and oversight responsibilities with a specific focus on integrating gender responsiveness in laws and policies and improving women’s political and economic empowerment. Acting as UN Women’s focal person to the WPC, the Sr. Programme Coordinator will also contribute technical inputs to advance UN Women’s work in the area of women’s leadership and political participation, contributing to related research and data collection, supporting advocacy and external communications, and facilitating strategic partnerships and resource mobilization.
- Provide strategic direction to the WPC for undertaking its activities and assisting in setting its agenda including the implementation of its strategic plan, in line with Pakistan’s Gender Equality commitments including CEDAW and SDGs.
- Support WPC and UN Women to develop and implement an annual workplan, in line with the Strategic Plan of the WPC, UN Women’s mandate and vision, and the MoU signed by the two institutions. Develop quarterly workplans for smooth and timely implementation of the activities, monitor progress against planned results and prepare reports.
- Identify issues and potential areas of intervention, propose activities and assist in prioritizing the agenda for the WPC in particular for the collaborative activities with UN Women.
- Act as UN Women’s Focal Point for the WPC and help in organizing collaborative activities, coordinating the work of the WPC, and following up on decisions taken.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to WPC and UN Women on various issues related to gender equality and women’s rights, especially women’s participation and leadership.
- Analyze country context including current trends, and proactively identify key opportunities and partners to advance the planning and implementation of collaborative activities.
- Provide technical assistance for reviewing/ drafting legislations and coordinate with legal advisors, subject experts, and related institutions for obtaining inputs on the legislative reforms.
- Assist the WPC to effectively fulfill its legislative and oversight responsibilities with a specific focus on integrating gender responsiveness in laws and policies.
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Draft/ contribute to reports, resolutions, joint communiqués, declarations and official messages, policy briefs, concept notes/ proposals, presentations etc. for the WPC & UN Women.
- Provide technical guidance to other WPC or UN Women staff/ consultants, as required.
Coordination and Events:
- Represent WPC/ UN Women and make presentations at key fora on issues regarding gender/ women’s empowerment, human rights, women’s leadership, and governance, as needed.
- Communicate and establish strong relationships with national and international allies, partners, and key officials as directed by the Secretary WPC and UN Women.
- Coordinate with regional and provincial caucuses/ parliamentarians/ leaders and other key stakeholders with a view to supporting them in raising their voice and building their leadership for advancing the women empowerment agenda at all levels.
- Conceptualize and assist in organizing national and international conferences, exchanges/ dialogues, seminars and workshops on topical issues, especially for the commemoration of special days such as International Women’s Day and 16 Days of Activism against GBV.
Awareness-raising & Communications:
- Support the development and implementation of advocacy and awareness-raising efforts for promoting the legislative reform agenda.
- Coordinate advocacy strategies and support the development of relevant, high-impact advocacy activities and campaigns with key partners and their implementation.
- Provide inputs to communications materials and campaigns for raising awareness on key gender related issues.
Any other work aligned with areas of mutual understanding between UN Women and the WPC.
One year with possibility of extension
- Master’s Degree in international relations, public policy, public administration, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, social sciences or any relevant discipline.
Experience and Core Skills:
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience with specific emphasis on women’s rights, gender, human rights and/ or governance.
- Experience of working in the thematic areas of gender equality, women’s leadership and political participation, women’s economic empowerment, and/ or ending violence against women.
- Proven track record in programme management, including programme design, coordination, monitoring and reporting, with experience in applying Results-Based Management (RBM) principles and approaches.
- Proven experience of institutional capacity building and technical advisory services for gender integration.
- Knowledge of Pakistan’s national priorities and legislations is an advantage.
- Previous experience working in the UN system is an advantage.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies, development partners and donors is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize relevant findings for the preparation of quality papers and reports.
- Strong inter-personal skills, communication, networking and team-building skills.
- Ability to deal with politically sensitive issues.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Shares knowledge and experience actively.
- Demonstrates commitment to UN Women and WPC’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Urdu.
5 Years(• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience with specific emphasis on women’s rights, gender, human rights and/ or governance.)
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.