Project Assistant (EVAW)
United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) strives to promote gender equality and women’s human rights, strengthen implementation of gender-sensitive policy and legislation, and eliminate all forms of violence against women. Attention is given to issues of excluded groups and their capacity to lobby so that these become part of mainstream decision making and planning. It provides technical advisory and services for women’s economic empowerment (WEE), ending violence against women and girls (EVAWG), women’s leadership and participation, and gender integration in planning and budgeting. UN Women works towards ensuring an effective UN response by strengthening the effectiveness, coordination, and quality of outputs on gender equality amongst a range of stakeholders
UN Women Pakistan is planning to initiate implementation of a comprehensive project for preventing violence against women and enhancing their access to justice in Punjab and Sindh and the Federal level. The project interventions will build upon UN Women’s work for supporting national and provincial partners to end violence against women (EVAW) by undertaking awareness-raising and advocacy initiatives, supporting data collection and analysis, building capacity of duty-bearers, and enhancing women’s access to justice, services and safe spaces.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Portfolio Manager EVAW, the Project Assistant supports the Unit’s operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes, ensuring high quality, timelines and accuracy of work. The Project Assistant promotes a client-centered, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Project Assistant will work closely with and provide support to members of the EVAW Unit in the development and implementation of the Unit’s programme, mainly the Prevention of Violence/ Access to Justice project. He/ she will provide effective support and assistance to the team to ensure smooth project implementation in line with UN Women rules and regulations
Functions and key results expected
1. Programme Management Support
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation for the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking.
- Prepare and compile information, such as meeting notes, notes to file, and notes for record regarding project activities.
- Communicate and coordinate with UN Women Provincial Offices for smooth project implementation, monitoring and reporting and expedite requests to the Country Office.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of relevant stakeholders including government departments, CSOs, donors and UN agencies working on VAW, Governance and Human Rights. Support communications with partners on project activities.
- Maintain Mission and Leave plans for team members
- Draft non-substantive correspondence.
2. Administrative and Logistics Support
- Provide administrative and logistic support to the team in the organization of events, meetings, consultations, workshops, etc.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for Programme Unit and assist provincial sub-offices to make arrangements and prepare documentation for missions/ meetings/ events/ consultations
- Make travel arrangements and liaise with the programme team and event participants, including preparation of travel authorizations, requisitions and claims with all supporting documentation
- Liaise with Operations Team internally, as well as external vendors/ service providers as needed to ensure that procurement processes are completed smoothly and efficiently.
- Create and maintain systematic filing of correspondence/ documents and electronically received
3. Knowledge Building and Sharing
- Identify sources and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required. Contribute to briefing materials, meeting notes, notes for file, PowerPoint presentations and other documents for the EVAW team and keep all papers ready for meetings
- Support the development of the Unit’s knowledge products, including review, editing/ proofreading, translating and design for printing. Coordinate with vendors/ consultants engaged.
- Contribute to preparation of internal and external reports, as per requirements.
- Assist in creating requisitions and liaise with vendors for the designing and printing of programme briefs, reports, publications, materials for meeting/ events, IEC material, etc.
- Support the sharing and dissemination of knowledge products with UN Women team and external stakeholders and partners
- Document lessons learnt and best practices from past experience and comparative initiatives; incorporate learnings into the ongoing work and suggest ways to improve the processes of the EVAW Unit based on this review.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Impact of Results
Positive impact on the efficiency of the programme and timely delivery of the activities. Strong coordination with government partners, UN agencies, donors and other stakeholders for proactive follow-up on commitments, accurate and timely reporting, clear presentation of information, and results-oriented project implementation. Excellent communication within the EVAW Unit and with other teams (WEE, Provincial Sub-Offices and Operations) to support collaboration, information-sharing and smooth implementation of activities
CORE VALUES / GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Integrity: Demonstrates consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct
- Professionalism: Demonstrates professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrates an international outlook, appreciating differences in values and learning from cultural diversity
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrates and safeguards ethics and integrity.
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Development and Innovation: Takes charge of self-development and takes initiative.
- Work in teams: Demonstrates ability to work in a multicultural environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitates and encourages open communication, and strives for effective communication.
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stays composed and positive even in difficult moments and handles tense situations with diplomacy and tact
- Conflict Management: Addresses conflicts proactively, striving for mutually acceptable solutions
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development, and applies newly acquired skills.
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrates informed and transparent decision making.
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of the programme team, including logistical support.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functionality.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work, also under time constraints.
- Ability to establish, build and sustain effective relationships with clients, demonstrating understanding of client's perspective; anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly.
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.