UNFull time Full day
Under the overall supervision of the National Programme Manager and in direct supervision of the IOM Field Security Officer (FSO); and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for assisting in the implementation of security operations in Sub-Office Quetta.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintain a close working relationship with UNDSS administrative personnel in the Sub-Office and a comprehensive working knowledge of IOM Security Procedures and the UNDSS Security Policy Manual (SPM);
- Handle the administrative requirements of the Sub-Office ;
- Assisting in the maintenance of Security files/correspondence/archive/rules and regulations (e.g. IOM Security Policy, country-specific Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS), Minimum Operating Residential Security Standards (MORSS))/instruction/general bulletins;
- Coordinate security related travel arrangements such as the filing of security clearances on UNDSS TRIP System and the delivery of security briefings for mission staff and visiting staff from other missions as required; coordinate the travel related needs of the security team, including transport and accommodations;
- Anticipate needs for security briefings by maintaining briefing materials/files and preparing briefing materials for use during official meetings, assumption of duties by new staff and duty travels. Conduct briefings as needed when directed by the FSO;
- Assist in the maintenance of the mission’s internal Warden and Emergency Communications Systems (ECS) by maintaining key security and safety related information on each staff member of the Sub-Office (e.g. Personal Security Profiles, Proof of Life, Staff Lists, issuing emergency contacts and hostage incident management forms);
- Ensure that HF/VHF radios and other emergency communications equipment/systems (e.g. mass SMS, Skype, MS Teams, SCAAN) are well maintained, programmed and tracked and help ensure that staff members are familiar with equipment via the necessary introduction and training on usage;
- Develop and maintain a file of all emergency services associated with the safety and security of IOM staff and Sub-Office activities and coordinate a 24 hour emergency response to security incidents involving IOM staff with the FSO, Security Assistants (SA) and Security Focal Persons (SFPs);
- Assist the FSO in the identification and selection of appropriate security equipment and to ensure assistance with respect to logistical reporting (e.g. inventory of security assets/equipment, supplies) whenever applicable;
- Guide and assist all IOM staff members regarding the issuance of UN ID cards, follow up with UN DSS staff trainings (e.g. BSITF II, ASITF, /SSAFE) and helping ensure that staff are aware of security guidelines and procedures;
- Assist in preparation of maps/charts on operational/tracking/personnel matters (routes/convoy support/phone list, etc.) and assist the FSO in reviewing the security situation on a daily basis through monitoring of local media and other sources;
- Assist the FSO with respect to program assessment inputs from IOM Pakistan programs and projects;
- Ensure all relevant security information received by the FSO (such as IOM security related advisories, UNDSS advisories) is disseminated in a timely manner to the appropriate IOM offices/sub-offices and their staff members;
- Assist the FSO in organizing and monitoring all security and safety matters related to IOM’s operations associated with the Security Unit, particularly with respect to guard force management (e.g. contract management, billing/invoicing, disposition of personnel) and the implementation of the IOM Pakistan Security Plan, Contingency Plans, Business Continuity Plan, Daily IOM Staff Headcounts and the like;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Degree/Certificate in Social Sciences, Political Science, Law, Security Management, Business Administration, Communications, and/or a combination of relevant professional/work experience is desirable, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- Bachelors or Equivalent or Higher in the above fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience preferably within the UN or other intergovernmental organizations.
- Also, previous experience in international organizations, the United Nations system, multi-national corporations, the military, police services or private security sector is not a necessity, but may be an important asset.
- The applicant must possess excellent inter-personal and communications skills
- Working experience of VHF Radio Programming and Coding will be an advantage
- Willingness to travel to sub offices and field sites.
- Fluency in English and Urdu (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of any other local language/s.
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.