Admin, HR & Finance Assistant
United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
Under the overall supervision of the National Programme Manager and in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centers, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supporting the resources management functions in Sub-Office Quetta.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assistance and monitoring of the finance and admin related activities of the INL Project.
- Maintain files of all financial instructions/guidelines issued as reference for completion of work assignments.
- Verify invoices and ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment requests.
- After obtaining appropriate approvals, effect payments to suppliers and staff members.
- Ensure all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before finalizing vouchers.
- Assist with the maintenance of an effective banking system including preparing a monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly accounting returns package to be sent to Islamabad office.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget submission and revisions including estimating the cost of staff as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses, to include in the budget.
- Maintain the Petty Cash account of the sub office.
- Assist in preparation of monthly / annual financial reports for the INL project.
- Bring to the attention of the Project Officer any relevant financial and budgetary issues.
- Suggest improvements to internal controls and streamlining/efficiencies
- Check vehicle logbooks and coordinate proper maintenance on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintain inventory of assets and control stocks of consumable supplies.
- Assist in ensuring adequate security, supervise guards, and maintain controls on all properties.
- Maintain communications systems, including telephone, fax, radio, e-mail etc.;
- Prepare and maintain leave record of staff.
- Assist in maintaining office equipment.
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Degree/Certificate in Accounting, Human Resources, business administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- Bachelors or Equivalent or Higher in the above fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in IOM administrative and financial management, budget monitoring, cash management and internal control procedures;
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis; and,
- Experience supervising the development and implementation of administrative control procedures.
- Fluency in English and Urdu (oral and written)
- Working knowledge of any other local language/s.
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.