Senior Reporting Assistant
United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
Under the overall supervision of the National Programme Manager and in direct supervision of the M&E Manager; and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the following functions:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- In collaboration with monitoring and data collection team ensure regular information gathering and coordinating information collection process for the monitoring activities including progress tracking, collection of information and distribution summaries.
- Provide regular situation reports as required by the Programme Management and donor, interim and final donor reports, case studies, etc.
- Ensure periodical reporting of the progress and documentation of lessons learnt and case studies.
- Prepare regular reports on activities, outputs and outcomes and extract relevant reports as required.
- Assist National Programme Manager to ensure effective and efficient Monitoring and Evaluation and integrate data collected from the field with central Monitoring tool in coordination with Monitoring Officers;
- Assist in developing monitoring plans in coordination with the monitoring team for ensuring that Monitoring data is incorporated into reports as required;
- Support in tailoring existing Monitoring tools according to program monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Identify and document lessons learned and case studies including critical success factors, opportunities for improvement and be responsible for preparation of communication items.
- Regularly inform Programme Manager about the activities, project status, and project progress and provide other support, as required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Equivalent or Higher in social sciences, such as law, international relations, governance, development or alternatively communications; or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- High School Degree/Certificate in the above fields with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in report writing monitoring and evaluation.
- Relevant work experience in a challenging environment.
- Previous experience working with international and governmental programmes;
- Demonstrated understanding of complex socio-political environments.
- Fluency in English and Urdu (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of any other local languages.
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.