National Deputy Programme Officer (M&E)
UNFull time Full day
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Manager, in Islamabad and in the overall supervision of Chief of Mission (CoM) the successful candidate will assume a Deputy National Programmer Officer (Monitoring & Evaluation) role of the IOM- INL (Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs) Project in Balochistan with a particular focus on monitoring, oversight, Managing the office and reporting of grants implemented by various stakeholders funded by INL in Baluchistan, Pakistan. S/he will be involved / responsible for all n Monitoring, oversight and reporting of grants and producing relevant reports, data and analysis based on Monitoring & Oversight of activities and findings.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop the framework for Programme Monitoring and Evaluation, in coordination with the National Programme Manager, ensuring that monitoring and evaluation arrangements comply with donor agreements and programme requirements.
- Assist National Programme Manger to ensure comprehensive and detailed coverage of projects throughout all stages of the implementation and to provide relevant information for performance management and evaluation of programme activities.
- Monitor and review existing monitoring mechanisms and reporting documents including but not limited to project-level M&E plans, data collection tools, Site Visit Notes and Final Evaluation Reports and strengthen where necessary.
- Develop comprehensive and effective evaluation mechanisms for the IOM-INL project in accordance with the M&E plan.
- Develop and Strengthen tools and systems, in coordination with IOM senior management and the donor, to provide for:
a) Greater versatility in grant design in relation to specific recipient communities;b) Streamlined information cycles;c) Improved adherence to programme standards and better responsiveness to issues arising during implementation.
- Guide the regular sharing of M&E findings with relevant stakeholders and ensure that monitoring data is discussed in the appropriate forums in a timely manner.
- Guide the process of identifying the key performance questions, indicators and parameters for monitoring of program performance and achievements, and for preparing evaluations; review and analyse monitoring reports and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and identify corrective measures where necessary.
- Develop M&E trainings and other capacity buildings tools, in coordination with the M&E Manager, targeted for the project staff.
- Prepare reporting on monitoring activities, for inclusion in Program Quarterly Report; ensure overall revision of reporting documents including but not limited to M&E activity plans and Final Evaluation Reports to ensure adherence to project objective, for submission to the donor.
- Ensure timely submission of all relevant documents as deemed necessary for No Objection Certificate and carry out coordination with relevant stake holders and government departments.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the IOM -INL activities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in multi-year project management and coordination.
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis; and,
- Experience supervising the development and implementation of administrative control procedures.
- Fluency in English and Urdu (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of any other local language/s.
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.