Security & Logistics Coordinator - DAFPAK PSSD (Ongoing Recruitment)
Palladium Pakistan (Pvt.) LimitedFull time Full day
9th June, 2022
Last date to apply
19th June, 2022
Operations / Administration
Position: Security & Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Security Manager and Operations & Finance Officer (KP)
Start Date: July / August 2022
Project Background and Objectives
Delivering Accelerated Family Planning in Pakistan (DAFPAK) programme aims to expand access to quality family planning (FP) services in the public and private sectors. Funded by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), this initiative has four components, which are implemented by different consortia/partners as described below:
- Component 1: Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) implemented by M&C Saatchi
- Component 2(a): Private Sector Service Delivery implemented by PSI, MSI and DKT
- Component 2(b): Public Sector Service Delivery (PSSD) implemented by Palladium and its partners
- Component 3: Enabling Environment - Advocacy and Policy Development led by UNFPA
- Component 4: Audits, Third Party Validation, Monitoring and Research led by Integrity
The DAFPAK component 2(b) (i.e., PSSD) started in August 2019. As a result of COVID-19 pandemic, PSSD activities were scaled down during the FYs 20/21 and 21/22. Recently, the DAFPAK PSSD has received a no-cost extension and will implement its interventions in accordance with the revised scope of work. The project will now continue till June 2024.
Building on our previous work, Palladium, and its consortium partner (Pathfinder International) will engage with the provincial and district-level governments in pursuit of four outputs:
- Output 1: Improve FP coordination for the implementation of Result-Based Management Frameworks and CCI recommendation at provincial levels
- Output 2: Strengthen procurement and distribution of contraceptive commodities to the last mile
- Output 3: Bolster FP data systems and build a culture of data demand and evidence use for decision-making
- Output 4: Improve access to, and quality of, FP services
Palladium and its consortium partner will strengthen FP service provision in the public sector across 20 districts in three provinces of Punjab (6), Sindh (10) and KP (4). For the delivery of its objectives, DAFPAK PSSD will establish provincial teams comprising of Team Leads and team members supporting M&E, Quality of Care, Coordination, and Ops in each province. The project will also maintain a lean and agile TA support at Islamabad level to strengthen federal and provincial collaboration.
The Security & Logistics Coordinator reports to the Palladium Pakistan Programme Government Liaison & Security Manager and Operations & Finance Officer (KP).
The Security & Logistics Coordinator implements and manages security & Logistics activities at KP Province, in close coordination with respective project teams, project partners, donors and relevant organizational interlocutors.
Security & Safety Coordination:
- Assisting Security Manager in Security Risk Management and planning, security services, information analysis
- Assist in Security Specific Networking and Partnership Building
- Assist in implementation of safety guidelines
- Support the Security Manager in the execution of his/her duties with regards to the safety and security of Palladium personnel and eligible family members, premises, and in accordance with Palladium Global Standards. Attend all relevant security working groups, assist the program partners as appropriate and participate as a member of the Palladium Global Safety and Security Team.
- Provide required information on technical security requirements contained in the Palladium Security Plan, Security Risk Assessment, Location Security Measures, and other relevant policies, guidelines, and assessments and ensure their implementation. Provide technical oversight for contracted security providers.
- Assist in implementation of Palladium – Pakistan security documentation including security contingency plans and provide the Security Manager with mandatory reports in accordance with Palladium security reporting guidelines. This includes the monitoring/reporting on security compliance and the submission of all security incident reports.
- Assist in Monitoring the security situation and provide independent and comprehensive security analysis with the goal of identifying trends and predicting the specific conditions that would impact on the safety and security of Palladium personnel, eligible family members, premises assets and resources, in the respective area of responsibility.
- Assist in Implementing security activities in support of Palladium operations and participate, coordinate and/or undertake security risk management for all locations where Palladium personnel and eligible family members are present.
- Assist in ensuring that Palladium personnel are kept informed of matters affecting their security and the actions to take in the event of an emergency including those identified in the Security Plan as it relates to Palladium.
- Programmatic Security Information Analysis
- Assist in collecting the information, provide specific analysis, advice, and support GL & SM in country strategic planning and implementation. Assist in conducting regular analysis to fully understand the issues that have an impact on the delivery of Palladium programs particularly in areas deemed security compromised. Work closely with Palladium – Pakistan operations personnel in the respective province to integrate all relevant analysis into the planning and implementation.
- Security Networking and Partnership Building
- Establish contact and maintain networks with all security management forums, INGO, National NGO, IO security advisors and relevant local authorities as appropriate. The Security Coordinator/ officer will ensure that effective security liaison with organizations working as Palladium implementing partners is undertaken.
Logistics Coordination Support:
- Facilitate Provincial programme staff and partners in arranging Logistics for smooth implementation of the programme in the selected districts.
- Ensure planned activities are fully in compliance with the policies of DAFPAK
- Ensure Quality delivery of services during the trainings
- Ensure the travel and logistics arrangements are made as per requested by the programme team and as per Policies of the Programme
- Vehicle and driver management
- Office Management and ensure cleanliness of the office and all office equipment is in working condition.
- Liaise with Programme team for quarterly planning of the activities.
- Compliance Checks on the payments of DSAs and M&IE made for travel of Meeting participants and Programme team
- Due diligence of the claims for M&IE, Lodging and Travel are authentic
- Maintain petty cash of respective project offices for petty cash expenses.
- Process payments of items or services Purchased in the field.
- Provide Logistical support for meetings, workshops, seminars etc. in respective districts.
- Ensure maintenance of records and timely payment from finance for all types of bills, claims by vendors and ensure timely payment of utility bills.
- Assist Operations & Finance Officer to ensure timely completion of day to day assigned tasks.
- Inventory Management
- Provision of equipment, office space to long-term staff. This will be managed in consultation with the Operations & Finance Officer KP.
- Ensure clearance of mobile phone bills as per the limit assigned, claims by vendors and ensure timely payment of utility bills as applicable.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Address queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationary, hardware and travel arrangements).
- Plan in-house or off-site meetings in close coordination with the Operations and Finance Officer KP.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in assisting security risk management and/or security analysis. At least 3 years of experience should be at an operational level.
- Experience in FCDO funded projects is desirable.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under significant professional and environmental pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer competency with spreadsheets, databases and word processing suites.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and patience.
- Must be Bachelors in any discipline
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Urdu, knowledge of local language will be a plus.
- Competency in using Microsoft Office and similar information technology applications. Ability to use new and social media in security information is also desirable
- Any other task assigned by the Management.