Registration Assistant (UNOPS) - LICA 4 (EVN/10/2022)
UNFull time Full day
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships:
The Registration Assistant is a member of the registration team and is supervised by a more senior colleague who normally reports directly to the Registration Officer. The incumbent is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. S/he responds to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR's registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. The Registration Assistant liaises with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up and may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
- Respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR's registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation.
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience:
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- Completion of High School Diploma with relevant experience in Humanitarian and related fields.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher.
- Experience in working with UNHCR ProGres software is desirable.
Certificates and/or Licenses:
Social Sciences; Statistics; Mathematics; Information Technology; HCR Protection Lrng Prog;
Essential - very good knowledge of English and local languages (spoken and written) Pashto, Balochi and Urdu. Knowledge of Dari or any locally used language by the refugees will be an asset.
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Planning and Organizing
1 Year(Minimum 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher)