UNFull time Full day
UNDP Pakistan Rule of Law Programme focuses on ‘Supporting Rule of Law for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Society in Pakistan (Amn-o-Insaf). The overall purpose of the work is to strengthen the rule of law and to ensure equal access to justice for all particularly for women and marginalized groups in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), NMDs, Balochistan, and Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT). UNDP works with a range of rule of law/security and justice government institutions and interlocutors in the target locations. The Programme key partners include law enforcement agencies, judiciary, prosecution, reclamation and probation, bar associations, and home department. The Programme has been supporting these institutions in terms of gender responsive infrastructure development, technical assistance, and capacity building through training. Infrastructure is the largest component of the Rule of Law Programme with some ongoing projects are joint police training college Nowshera, Police Training College Quetta, Anti-Narcotics Force Academy and residential facility, police stations in the former tribal areas, agriculture training centers and technical and vocational training centers in the former tribal areas.
Description of tasks:
The Site Supervisor will be responsible for supervising and monitoring activities related to refurbishment, infrastructure rehabilitation and new infrastructure development/ construction work under the Rule of Law Programme. She/he will also provide timely and constructive feedback on the above to ensure high-quality and timely completion of all ongoing and planned activities in under this work strand in the following construction sites:
- Litigant Sheds in the districts of Khyber, Bajour, Kurram and Swat
- Central Police Office, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Peshawar High Court
- Police School of Investigation in Peshawar
- Female Bar Rooms in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Refurbishment of Prison Health Facilities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Under the direct supervision of Project Engineer the national UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Supervision and monitoring of the aforementioned construction/ infrastructure development sites in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) including districts of Bajaur, Kurram, Khyber and Swat.
- Ensure quality assurance on-going civil work on these construction sites in accordance with their respective approved designs and specifications.
- Set weekly targets, undertake regular on- site monitoring, and report updates/progress and actually and perceived challenges to the Senior Engineer and rest of the engineering team.
- Provide constructive feedback to address and mitigate actual and anticipated challenges in the construction sites including taking necessary and timely action in consultation with rest of the UNDP Rule of Law Programme engineering team.
- Undertake regular site-visits and provide technical inputs/ recommendations to improve/ accelerate the civil works vendors where needed and appropriate while also maintaining the high levels of quality standards of all civil work.
- Develop and share site inspection report regularly with UNDP Senior Engineer and rest of the team. The reports will be developed on a pre- agreed template with UNDP engineering team.
- Assist and support the UNDP engineering team in planning and undertaking on and off site technical inspections, documentation of potential changes / revisions to design plans, and potential variations to drawings and BOQs that are submitted to UNDP for review and approval by construction and consultancy vendors/ service providers.
- Maintain photos of the aforementioned construction sites at every stage of the project implementation on a regular basis.
- Where needed also provide on -site supervision and conduct site inspection visits to other UNDP Rule of Law Programme infrastructure development sites in Balochistan, Islamabad and related location as advised by the Project Engineer.
- Any other relevant task assigned by the Project Engineer of the UNDP Rule of Law Programme
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science University degree in Civil Engineering minimum 2 years professional experience in similar capacity or DAE (Diploma Associate Engineer/ Civil Engineering) with minimum 5 years professional experience in similar capacity.
- Expertise in Auto Cad and MS Excel is essential.
- Must be proficient in English and Urdu (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of Pashtu will be an added advantage.
2 Years(Relevant experience)
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.