Coordination & Reporting Coordinator
UNFull time Full day
The Coordination & Reporting Coordinator will work under direct supervision of the Provincial Project Coordinator under overall guidance of the Communications and Reporting Officer and National Project Manager (NPM). He/she will be responsible for the Reporting and Coordination endeavors of the project from Monitoring and Evaluation lens, aiding provincial team.
The Government of Pakistan has recognized the threat from GLOFs in its National Climate Change Policy and other relevant policies. GLOF and flood related hazards are already greater than what the national public finance can manage. To be able to strengthen capacities of vulnerable communities to address the GLOF issue urgently in the scale that is needed, the Government of Pakistan, with support from UNDP secured GCF resources to upscale ongoing initiatives on enhancing resilience of communities to climate change induced disasters in KP and GB, particularly GLOF risks. The interventions proposed for scale-up are based on activities implemented in two districts that have demonstrated success. In these districts engineering structures like gabion walls have been constructed and automatic weather stations, rain gauges and discharge equipment have been installed. Rural communities receiving this support were able to avoid human and material losses from GLOF events. The current GLOF-II project will expand coverage of interventions to eighteen districts (24 valleys) in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Gilgit-Baltistan. It will strengthen the technical capacity of national and sub-national decision makers to integrate climate change and disaster risk management into medium- and long-term development planning processes.
UNDP GLOF-II project intends to hire services of a Reporting and Coordination Coordinator as a UN Volunteer (UNV) for a period of six (06) months.
Duties and Responsibilities
He/She will report to the Provincial Project Coordinator and Communications and Reporting Officer (CRO). Moreover, the UNV will be responsible for providing support to coordination and reporting function of the project with gender focus, donor and UNDP requirements and M&E lens, with special emphasis on impactful reporting through proactive analysis on project progress and collection of data from the provincial and field teams.
He/she will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate with Project Coordinator and M&E teams both in Project Management Unit and Project Implementation Unit and Field Offices in materializing activities of the project. He/She will be responsible for coordinating at Provincial and District level and with line departments.
- Ensure good coordination with all stakeholders especially with P&DD KP, KP-DMA, Forest Department KP, On farm water Management KP, Civil Defense KP, Environment Protection Agency etc.
- Development of meeting agenda, organizing meetings and compilation of meeting minutes.
- Maintain a repository of minutes of project databases, meetings, reports, and other related records and documents.
- To assist the M&E team of the project in achieving project results and their reporting in timely manner.
- Assist in collecting gender segregated data for project interventions, and review progress data and information to enable effective reporting on quarterly/annual basis and prepare reports.
- Regularly update the relevant information on reporting templates and online tools.
- Liaise with internal and external partners to gather data/information.
- Facilitate in the compilation of all project reports and the reporting of results to PIU and PMU.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and data repository.
- Facilitate through reporting in tracking the project progress by engaging provincial teams as well as field visits, evidence collection, activity reports, visual data, community engagement etc.
- Assist in overall reporting by collecting information from provincial responsible partners and data collating it in the form of reports on specific formats.
- Support extensive coordination amongst project teams, stakeholders, and other implementing partners for documentation in periodic reporting to obtain evidence to support reporting against projects’ outputs and activities
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Takes ownership of responsibilities, keeping stakeholders and teams proactively engaged in project activities.
Presents complex and conceptual ideas in simplistic form, and builds formal and informal networks, both internally and externally as required for the project.
Ensure timely achievement of targets and deliverables and collaborate with team towards that goal dealing with challenges constructively.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
Coordination and Reporting:
Knowledge of methodologies, assessment tools, systems and apply practical experience in planning, coordination, and report writing and ability to apply to practical situations. Ability to act as a team player and facilitate teamwork.
Data Collection and Analysis:
Ability to collect, transform and analyze, data in comprehensive templates to derive relevant findings, to assess project performance and collect relevant evidence. Use of data visualization Software’s tableau/power etc will be an advantage.
Streamlining Coordination to build Partnerships:
Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to continuously evolve in professional area of expertise with the ability to proactively coordinate with relevant Communications and M&E teams at PMU level and Field teams at Provincial level.
Working under pressure:
Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks with close deadlines.
Duration of contract:
Duration of contract will be six (06) months initially with possibility of extension on satisfactory performance evaluation.
Required Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management/Social Sciences, Development Studies, International Relations, Environment and Climate Change or any relevant field.
- Minimum of two years relevant experience at the national or international level in the coordination and reporting.
- Experience in understanding and interpreting result of data analysis and/ or human mobility phenomena into visual information.
- Skills in information management and analysis, coordination, report writing and partnership building.
- Relevant field-based experience in reporting for implementing complex projects working with local community members and stakeholders.
- Substantive knowledge in program content development especially for M&E data compilation and report writing.
- Knowledge of the development context with respect to climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- Experience in working in a demanding and time-bound environment.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of the M&E templates and reporting protocols would be an advantage.
2 Years(Relevant experience at the national or international level in the coordination and reporting)
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.