DevOps Engineer (AWS) (At least 2 years experience) - WFH/Remote Work
Seeka TechnologyFull time Full day
We are a company based in Pakistan, Malaysia and Australia and we are looking to hire DevOps engineers with at least 2 years of professional experience for our Pakistani branch. For this SEEKA project, we are developing a platform that is meant to match our future users to many universities and companies that are looking for their talents. We want to establish a sophisticated search and filter system that also utilizes a special recommendation system powered by artificial intelligence that also helps our platform better understand users over time.
We need a talented DevOps engineer to help us ensure that our platform is able to operate more smoothly and securely. As our potential engineer, you will be working with cross-functional teams to help ensure that tasks can be completed from end-to-end in order to establish a system that runs as perfectly as possible while having a strong security system that protects millions millions of users data
Salary on offer: PKR 90,000 to PKR 150,000 depending on the overall quality of your experience and how well you might be able to fit with our project.
- Integrating secure development best practices and methodologies into development and deployment processes; response and recover to security incidents using a standard workflow that limits damage and reduces recovery time and cost.
- Investigates, analyses and resolves day-to-day technical problems using standard procedures.
- Managing a set of security controls defining the configuration-as-code.
- Make Cybersecurity more transparent through security as code.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for security in the cloud within Groupon.
Tooling & Infrastructure:
- Deployment Pipeline management and automation.
- Infrastructure updates.
- Product Design.
- Production Support – Triage, research, communicate, address production incidents and security events.
- Provide technical and operational security support to IT, Engineering, Legal, and business units.
- Production troubleshooting.
- Application monitoring
- Infrastructure compliance and security management.
Planning and Coordination:
- Participate in sprint planning meetings.
- Managing support coverage program.
- Plan out operations improvements.
- Contribute to the backend of the Herrmann product applications.
- Troubleshoot issues inside the core product/application code.
TOOLS WE USE:
- Jira and Confluence for stories and documentation.
- Zoom, Skype and email for keeping in touch.
- Google Suite/Drive for keeping things organized.
- Bitbucket for source control.
- Java for backend development.
- Angular, Typescript, CSS and HTML for Frontend Web development.
- Cordova, Ionic, Angular, Typescript, CSS and HTML for Frontend Mobile App development.
- Amazon EC2 for Instance.
- Amazon RDS for MySQL database.
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (Shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell).
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (IAM, EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3).
- Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and techniques.
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration services, including Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of centralized configuration management, orchestration and infrastructure as code techniques.
- Working knowledge of network protocols, Linux/Unix system internals and transport protocols.
- Expert in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Excellent communication skills - must be capable of effectively engaging and leading interactions with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Completely remote or work from home (Very good if you also want to spend more time with family)
- Friendly and understanding colleagues
- Competitive salaries
- You get to work in an agile work environment
- You get to show your leadership skills
- International working exposure
- Company shares can be offered based on how successful with our products' launch
- Company sponsored online classes or tech talks
- Bonuses if you perform beyond expectation
- Promotions towards better job roles possible after a certain period of time
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.