Business Support Assistant (Admin)-SC4-Karachi
United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Business Support Assistant ( Premises & Reception)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Karachi
Vacancy Number 170290
Date of Publication: 26 July 2022
Deadline of Application: 8 August 2022
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from CO (specified).TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance (relevant links). *Remote work if applicable or/FWA until return to office or travel is possible due to covid-19 restrictions.JOB PURPOSE
Business Support Assistant will be responsible for day to day activities in admin unit including Registry / Premises Management / Purchase Requisitions.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.2. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.3. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.4. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.5. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.6. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.7. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.8. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.9. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
10. Purchase requsitions for pemises related expenses, utilities/janitorial/Equipment Maintanance.
11. Post all SES/GRN relating to premises including utilities/equipment maintanance etc.
12. Reception services including attend/reply/Direct phone calls.
13. Supervision of outsourced staff for premises including gardners/Janitorial/office boys supervisors.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.• Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Language: English/ Urdu
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
This job is located in Karachi, Business Support Assistant will report directly to Administrative Associate at PO level under the overall guidance of Head of Provincial Office Karachi.LINK TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are required to apply by below link.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.