Technological Adaptation Manager ( National only )
International Rescue CommitteeFull time Full day
Requisition ID: req19106
Job Title: Technological Adaptation Manager ( National only )
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war and disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
IRC has been working in Pakistan for approximately 40 years, managing and delivering large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, safeguarding, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and is currently working across the country.
Job Overview/Summary Sr. Technological and Adaptation Manager in conjunction with the MEAL team and required management ensures detailed requirements gathering, development and deployment of DMIS for PDMA-KP (including GIS component). While directly reporting to Head of Office-KP & Senior Manager Measurement and Effectiveness, the Senior Manager Technology and Adaptation will work collaboratively with PDMA-KP while developing the system. The relevant PDMA team will support the consultant with respect to developing the detailed requirements document for the system.
- A detailed SRS document for the system to be developed
- DMIS developed as per the SRS document
- User Manuals
- Technical Resource Documents
- User Acceptance test documents
- Requirements Gathering and SRS development
- Workplan enlisting the development, deployment and testing strategy
Final system and agreed deliverables
- Development & Deployment
- Initial Testing, Review & Feedback
- Finalization of System
- User Acceptance Testing
- Delivery of User manuals, Code Manuals and Software Code
- Education: MEAL, MIS, Data Management
- 7 – 8 years’ of experience in relief/development projects managing diverse teams in data management
- Experience of working in a large complex organizations, including preferably at least three (03) years of working within an international NGO.
- Prior experience of working in emergencies, reproductive healthcare and PHC programming.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Capacity to develop, implement and analyze assessments,
- develop and implement work plans, program/project budgets in excel sheets and financial management
- High quality skills in training, monitoring and evaluation of interventions.
- Strong coordination skills with the ability to manage information (report writing and presentations)
- Team players and has experience of managing field team(s)
Working Environment: Works well in and promotes teamwork, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
The IRC Core Values and Commitments.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
- IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
o Level of interaction with children: Less direct contact with children
- IRC ensures that its staff must actively practice the roles and responsibilities related to client responsiveness, accountability to people in affected communities and must have competencies to solicits and listens to feedback and other’s perspectives, responds to feedback with maturity and sensitivity and takes appropriate decisions and makes changes to behavior or actions in response to feedback.
- IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and differently abled persons are highly encouraged to apply.