Information Technology Assistant
Save the ChildrenFull time Full day
10th August, 2022
Last date to apply
17th August, 2022
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
ROLE PURPOSE: As a key member of the IT functions, s/he will assist and support all Information Technology related activities. Post holder is responsible to help supervisor and float ideas to maintain effective information and communication system and as per requirement provide technical support. The position holder will develop and conduct IT related trainings of the staff, when required. Keep the locally developed online SharePoint portal and approval system functions, trouble-free and maximum available by maintaining and troubleshooting
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As a member of the Support Services Team, contribute to:
- Share ideas to improve overall ICT functions.
Provision of Technical Assistance
- Install and configure computer systems.
- Ensure all computers are virus-free and standard software (OS, MS Office, Anti-Virus etc.) are updated with the latest security patches.
- Assist supervisor in managing the IT network operations.
- Assist supervisor in backing up data for all staff.
- Providing IT helpdesk support to all staff. Assisting staff through a series of actions, either face to face, by email or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Ensure smooth function of computers, printers and other IT-related equipment.
- Providing support and facilitating staff in creating documents and presentations.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to relevant suppliers promptly.
- Maintain necessary ICT-related files and records.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring network integrity is not compromised.
- Software up-gradation for the mail server.
- Ensure backup of the main information systems is being made
- Ensure that all staff has reliable access to the internet and that the internet will be used properly and legally.
- Ensure that the internet security policy is applied correctly: router, firewall configuration, etc.
Staff Development- Develop and conduct ICT-related training for staff as per requirement.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team takes responsibility for their personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, and easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity
- MCS/BCS or equivalent 16 years of education
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2-3 years’ relevant experience in a medium size organization preferably in development sector experience
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Skye for Business).
- Excellent knowledge of latest IT related hardware (laptop, desktop, servers, firewall, switches, Wi-Fi etc.)
- Experience to securely deploy and managing LAN, WAN and wireless networks.
- Experience of SQL Server, SharePoint, Windows Server, Active Directory, DHCP, File and Print Services with a Hyper-V environment.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and conducting IT trainings.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- MCSA or MCSE or any Microsoft-related certification.
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Good Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure & emergencies
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive. The role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder must carry out the duties per the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to protecting children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.