Save the ChildrenFull time Full day
10th August, 2022
Last date to apply
17th August, 2022
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Safeguarding Assistant will provide support to ensure compliance to safeguarding policy and procedures which will also include assistance for awareness, prevention, accountability mechanisms. The post holder will be responsible for assisting the line manager in tracking, supporting and coordinating day-to-day & safeguarding mechanism in place.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist in Safeguarding Awarness, trainings and capacity building.
- Assist in day to day safeguarding mechanism and compliance.
- Assist in ensuring the accountability of CO Safeguarding mechanism.
- Updating Safeguarding tracker, database & Maintain the data archiving.
- Supporting staff and partner induction process to ensure safeguarding mechanism in place.
- Provide support with internal and external stakeholders and Maintaining databases.
- Provide support in PARTNER Coordination to further strengthen the safer partnership mechanism.
- Support in improving and strengthening the related mechanisms of Safeguarding to ensure compliance with SCI safeguarding standards and relevant legislation and policies.
- Periodically reach-out to program beneficiaries remotely, fill the feedback forms and update the database.
- Regularly update all safeguarding trackers and database and present monthly and quarterly analysis to line manager.
- Work proactively with other team members.
- Pursue an Attitude of Learning and Development.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Master’s degree in Social Science, or in relevant field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 1 to 2 years of experience in development or corporate sector organisations, of which proven experience has been in coordination and producing quality projects reports/updates
- Expertise in use of MS Office; especially, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust to challenging working condition; Stiff Timelines to meet, ability to manage workload efficiently; organizing back-to-back weekly and monthly review meetings, preparing minutes and rigorous follow-ups of key action points with Programme Implementation teams.
- Proficient in report writing and documentation.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Superb coordination skills.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.