Senior Instructor (Epidemiology & Biostatistics), Community Health Sciences
Medical CollegeFull time Full day
Aga Khan University's (AKU) Department of Community Health Sciences (CHS) is a preeminent public health institution in the country. The vision of the Chancellor set the direction for the University to take a lead in community development and the creation of an innovative curriculum that emphasizes a balance between patient care and population health. Over the past several decades, CHS has played a major role in leading the development of national level primary health care, public health practice, health systems through evidence-based approach. CHS has established successful models in urban and rural settings in Pakistan emphasizing empowerment - building on the strengths of communities. As part of an international university, CHS collaborates in a global network of outstanding research and teaching institutions including AKU affiliates in East Africa and Central Asia
CHS has five major sections – Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Health Policy & Management, Population & Reproductive Health, Environmental-Occupational Health & Injuries, and Non-Communicable Diseases & Mental Health
You will be responsible to:
- teach and facilitate undergraduate Curriculum Sessions for CHS and problem-based learning
- teach and facilitate in other CHS educational programs such as Graduate Program, Community medicine Residency Program, and Continuing Education Program
- deliver lectures and conduct tutorials for graduate students
- set up, conduct, and supervise students in developing scientific proposals and Thesis work
- prepare exam questions, participate in the review of these questions, and participate in students’ performance evaluation process
- actively participate in Curricular Renewal exercise
- conform to University’s policies and established performance norms for evaluation of student’s/ course participants ensuring that this is based on fair and equitable parameters and provide required feedback to students for the same on timely basis
- actively engage in research, with special emphasis on Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- develop independent research programs
- write articles independently on assigned projects, under the supervision of senior faculty, and pursue publication of the same in professional journals
- participate in research studies with senior colleagues including designing instruments, collecting, analyzing & compiling data
- author and Co-author research papers with supervisor and /or other faculty members, where needed
- serve as a member on /professional association
- conduct and participate in assigned meetings and committees, primarily at divisional / departmental level
- generate funds from granting agencies under senior faculty
- participate in continuing professional development programs for self-development and engage in other professional development activities to keep self-updated on current practices and trends in education development. This should be in consultation with supervisor/ mentor.
you should have:
- a minimum of MBBS, BScN or other health professional degree with a relevant two years Master’s degree or equivalent (e.g. MSc in Public Health, Health Policy and Management or eHealth)
- minimum 2 years’ teaching and research experience, demonstrate professional accomplishment and evidence of publications and successful performance in grant writing, and scientific/public health research & development. (Priority will be given to candidates with good command over quantitative and computing related subjects
- well versed with current research methodologies and protocol development
- good teaching skills and knowledge of new teaching methodologies and practices
- ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written, demonstrating good academic writing skills
- language proficiency in English and Urdu; ability to communicate in other local/regional languages would be an advantage
- proficiency in use of related computer software packages
- good conceptual and analytical skills for managing public health data. Knowing scientific programming would be an advantage
- capability for curriculum planning and organizing skills for research administration
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- committed to learning, growth, and self-development.
Interested candidates should send their detailed CVs by email to [email protected] and mention “10009222" in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by August 24, 2022
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.