Standard Chartered BankFull time Full day
- Ensuring that the yearly Legal objectives are being met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong support to Head of Legal on all matters relating to CPBB Business and other relevant stakeholders.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To be a contact point for all other legal issues arising in the CPBB Business segment, branch banking network and other relevant stakeholders.
- To assist the CPBB Business in procuring an appropriate forms of legal documents which are used for dealings with third parties; and which contain adequate protections and remedies to address credit and event risk, and to help determine that transactions with third parties are valid and enforceable under the laws of the jurisdiction of Pakistan.
- Provide legal advice and assistance on Finance and Security Documentation, both standard and non-standard versions.
- To assist in the negotiation and completion of contractual documentation with clients and counterparties.
- To assist in the design and terms of structured and customized transactions.
- To control the quality and cost of legal services provided by external law firms and overseas external counsel (as appropriate).
- Provide guidance to CPBB Business on acceptable/negotiated amendments to approved standard form documentation and review/approve any non-standard documents in particular cases in line with the User Guides issued by the Region/Group.
- Provide guidance to internal clients, including the various documentation units on acceptable amendments to approved standard form documentation and review and approve any non-standard documents or material departures from approved standard form documentation in particular cases.
- Work with product specialists and relationship/sales staff, and external counsel to structure/prepare and document one-off transactions.
- To maintain legal and product knowledge by playing an active part in industry initiatives and by participating on internal working groups and other cross group initiatives.
- Where standard form documentation does not exist or is not considered appropriate, draft and negotiate documentation on an ad-hoc basis.
- Where applicable, and after consultation with the relevant Relationship Officer, communicate directly with clients and counterparties to negotiate and/or explain contractual documents.
- Assist in formulating policy and in controlling, selecting and appointing external counsel and closely monitor the performance and cost of external counsel.
- Miscellaneous tasks relating to the above or related to achieving the overall objectives of the CPBB Business segment from a legal perspective.
- To look after proactively and manage litigation in Courts.
- To supervise and constant follow up all litigation cases filled by or against the Standard Chartered Bank (Pakistan) Limited all over Pakistan.
- Appearing in court cases where required by Hon’ble Courts.
- Coordinating/meeting with external counsels regarding preparation of legal documents such as, plaints, miscellaneous applications, interlocutory applications, replies, appeals, affidavits, certificates for various kinds of Court actions.
- Rendering legal opinion/advice to businesses regarding all legal issues
Qualifications and Skills
SHould have a legal background
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 06/08/2021. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.