Human Resource Management Specialist
Associates in Development (AiD) Pvt. LtdFull time Full day
21st November, 2022
Last date to apply
30th November, 2022
Position: Human Resource Management Specialist
Reporting to: Deputy Chief of Party & AiD Management
Location: PMU Peshawar
Travel: Up to 10% travel to field offices per month
Associates in Development Pvt. Ltd. (AiD) is a Pakistan-based development and management consulting company which provides high-quality consulting services in the core areas of 1) Social Sectors; 2) Engineering & Infrastructure; and 3) Environment and Climate Change.
AiD has received USAID’s award for the Economic Recovery and Development Activity (ERDA), which is a five-year project designed to expand economic opportunities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including in Newly Merged Districts (NMDs). ERDA will promote sustainable economic growth by improving agriculture sector capacity and supporting allied MSMEs in the non-agriculture sectors.
This role encompasses a wide range of tasks, including ensuring compliance with industry-specific regulations, health and safety legislation, and employment practices. The HRM Specialist will lead management oversight of HR operations, including audit and compliance assurance, HR systems strengthening, and design & implementation of a robust performance appraisal mechanism. HRMS will be providing guidance, strategic planning researching and analyzing HR practices and applying innovation to make improvement and meet the objectives for short and long term tasks.
- Support and mentor AiD-ERDA staff at PMU and field offices to ensure teams remain compliant with HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the HR policies and systems are in place and are being adhered to. Where needed, propose revisions/ updates to the HR Policy Manual,
- Contribute to aligning HR policies and procedures with local labour laws.
- Review HR requirements in AiD-ERDA and support project in recruitment planning.
- Regularly update HR information record system (HRIS & Others) and produce analysis.
- Assist line managers to prepare and deliver performance appraisals, efficiently. In the first year, the appraisals will be done on a quarterly basis, and will focus on performance reviews against specified tasks/ targets to determine suitability of staff for each position. The HRM Specialist will propose an objectively verifiable system to help the DCOP and the senior management at AiD to arrive at informed and transparent decisions. From Year 2 onwards, the appraisals will be done once or twice a year.
- Support the project in staff management, informal or formal disciplinary process, while ensuring appropriate documentation for audit.
- Support in conducting internal and external audits.
- Review payroll (based on salaries, special allowances, social security, etc.) for all AiD-ERDA staff.
- Work with all line managers to ensure that they have a leave plan in place for their teams before leaves are taken.
- Administers the benefits and insurance program for AiD-ERDA staff, while ensuring compliance with local labour regulations.
- Support in coordinating with local agencies to identify and maximize best coverage of benefits/insurance, using existing resources and budgets.
- Review all job descriptions at the start of the recruitment process to ensure that they are standardized.
- Oversee the implementation of standard and best practice recruitment procedures throughout the hiring process, including longlisting, shortlisting, reference and security checks, and staff orientation planning.
- Organize and participate in interviews. Provide input during selection of new staff.
- Prepare a training, development, and engagement plan for all staff, with guidance from DCOP and COP and respective line managers.
- Provides administrative support to organizing in-house or local trainings and support staff attending external trainings.
- Build the capacity of HR staff in all field offices.
- Encourage inclusion within recruitment, training, and promotion.
- Ensure inclusion within programme planning, implementation, and reporting.
- Identify and mentor gender focal points in line with HR policy.
- Master's degree in Human Resource Management (HRM) or other relevant field
- A minimum 07 years of overall experience of HRM;
- A minimum of 05 years of experience of HRM on USAID-funded projects in senior role/ capacity;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience of developing and implementing performance appraisal and management systems;
- Sound understanding of local labor laws;
- Excellent understanding of USAID rules and regulations pertaining to human resource management;
- Good IT skills (Microsoft office);
- Experience in implementing HR policies and procedures in a consistent manner
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while managing difficult HR cases
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently & as a member of a team.
- Fluent written & spoken English
- Ability to explain complex concepts in straightforward language.