United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
Under the overall supervision of the National Programme Manager and in direct supervision direct supervision of the National Deputy Programme Manager and under technical supervision of Logistics and Procurement Assistant; the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the maintenance and cleaning of the Sub-Office Quetta.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Drive assigned IOM office vehicle(s).
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s) to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
- Keep records of spare parts for vehicle(s) and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts.
- Find the most direct and safe route over the best available roads to the destination.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle(s) is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared, and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption, etc. for the vehicle.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials. Take proper actions to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials and/or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Meet official personnel at the airport(s) and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications/items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree/certificate with minimum 2 years of relevant working experience or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Valid national driver’s license.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Knowledge of radio, email, telephone and other applications.
- Fluency in English and Urdu (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of any other local language/s.