Logistics Assistant (Operations)-SC5
UNContractor Full day
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (Operations)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Karachi
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani nationals only.
Female candidates and PWD's with relevant qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive salary and other benefits, including annual leave, parental leave and health insurance for staff and eligible dependents.
WFP recognizes the positive potential of flexible working arrangements to enable staff members the opportunity to select and alter their work schedules to better fit personal needs and help balance work, personal, and family responsibilities whenever operationally possible.
WFP is committed to gender equality and parity (50% women and 50% men) and to diversity more generally, among employees across all grades, functions and contract modalities.
WFP Work Environment: WFP is committed to ensuring that all its workplaces are free from abuse, offensive behaviour, harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. WFP does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS and disability status. WFP is also committed to promoting a work culture in which every employee understands, and is able to carry out, his/her personal responsibilities for maintaining the dignity of work colleagues. We believe our mission of fighting global hunger worldwide can only be achieved if women, men, girls and boys are offered equal opportunities in terms of access to resources and services, and participation in decision making roles.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
3. Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
4. Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
5. Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
6. Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
7. Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
8. Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
9. Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
10. Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
11. Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
12. Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
13. Maintaining an effective coordination mechanism with clearing and forwarding agents to ensure timely dispatch in accordance with RFQ uplift terms i.e., 10 containers/day/consignment of all WFP Afghanistan's cargo from Ports/Warehouse.
14. 100% of the advance transport planning with minimum 12 hours of advance notices to the field staff and the vendors is to be ensured.
15. Ensuring 100% of deliveries of commodities against the respective release orders/FRNs/CRNs within 24-48 hours of their arrival from Programme, in a cost-efficient manner.
16. Ensuring minimum 10 days of advance arrival and service notice for 100% of internationally precured commodities to clearing and forwarding agents through proper work orders, and engaging billing/fund management unit to secure funds & ensure availability of TPOs in system.
17. At-Least one market assessment to be carried out each quarter to support contracting in securing the market-oriented transport rates.
18. At-least one Performance review per year to be carried out for transporter/vendors/subordinate staff to identify performance gaps and recommend improvements.
19. Implementing and enforcing controls to ensure no storage/detention charges are incurred due to transporter related delays.
20. Provide technical advice, guidance, feedback, and training to junior WFP staff to ensure maximum dissemination of updated and relevant knowledge on WFP cooperate tools, standards, and policies.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education: Completion of secondary school education supplemented by First-level university degree in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five or more years progressively responsible work experience in Logistics Operations.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English in use at the duty station
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
This job will be based in Karachi, job holders report to Logistics Officer, a Head of Unit, or the designate.
At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
5 Years(Five or more years progressively responsible work experience in Logistics Operations.)