Field Supervisor, Department of Community Health Sciences
Medical CollegeFull time Full day
The Department of Community Health Sciences (CHS) is the leading unit of its type in Pakistan,
recognized regionally and internationally for the relevance, quality and extent of its work in
support of public health and the development of primary health care systems. It comprises of five
major operational sections: Epidemiology & biostatistics, Health policy & management,
Population & reproductive health, Environmental health, and Non-communicable diseases &
Department of CHS is conducting a project titled CLASS III (Children Learning About Second-hand Smoke) which aims to assess the effectiveness of a school-based Smoke-Free Educational Intervention to reducing the exposure to Second Hand Smoke (SHS) on children. We plan to evaluate a school-based approach to protect children from SHS exposure in Bangladesh and Pakistan - countries with a strong commitment to smoke-free environments but with high levels of SHS exposure in children
The ideal candidate will provide assistance to research team lead and will be responsible for school based health work/activities. This includes motivating and enrolling study subjects, in-person interviews with selected individuals / subjects to collect various forms of data pertaining to the research project, data editing, data management and related activities. He / she would also keep record of information obtained during research
This is a short term contractual position
You will be responsible to:
- identify and build rapport among social activists, local groups, organisation and institutions and their key persons in the assigned areas
- supervise operational field activities and implement planned strategies
- enter data record entry on daily basis
- under the direction of the research team, create, as needed, new database codes to download questionnaires into tabs and mobiles
- prepare Routine Reports from redcap server
- develop and Generate Reports from a variety of databases (screening, baseline and follow ups)
- check redcap data entries on tabs and on the server to ensure correctness
- run regular data quality assurance checks, and maintaining data validation logs
- coordinate with research staff to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of the data collection on redcap
- prepare summary statistics, tables and figures for reports and presentations
- ensure that paper-based data is transferred on the correct IDs in the redcap server
- maintain the participant logs and ensuring timely visits to each participant during follow ups
- assist supervisor to coordinate field-based activities, which includes supervise data collectors and support other staff to implement planned strategies and document these assigned activities.
You must have:
- a minimum of Intermediate, Graduate preferred
- a minimum of one to two years related work experience of field supervision
- good interpersonal communication
- willingness to work in a community setting
- ability to work collegially with community members and with study participants
- proficiency in local languages
- ability to effectively work in a team setting
- tactful in handling difficult situations.
Interested candidates should send their detailed CVs by email to [email protected] and mention "10046988" in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by December 6, 2022
PwCFull time Full day
Line of Service Assurance Industry/Sector Not Applicable Specialism Assurance Management Level Associate Job Description & Summary A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a...
Senior Consultant / Assistant Manager- Business Consulting - Enterprise Risk
EYContractor Full day
The objective of our Enterprise risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market...
Unity FoodsFull time Full day
Unity Foods Limited is looking for an Instrumentation engineer who has hands on experience in instrument sector having been knowledge of instrument, calibration, commissioning. Candidate with 5 years of relevant FMCG industry required to apply.