Lady Health Visitor (LHV)/Community Health Nurse
Aga Khan Health Service, PakistanFull time Full day
23rd January, 2023
Last date to apply
31st January, 2023
Aga Khan Health Service, Pakistan is looking for a seasoned and sound Lady Health Visitor, Outreach for its Gilgit and Karachi Region.
The LHV is an essential part of the health team who takes the responsibility of improving the health of the individuals in general and mothers and children in particular through preventive, primitive and curative care based on the principles of primary health care. The role involves working within a community setting, often visiting people in their own homes. It primarily involves supporting new parents and pre-school children.
- LHV must aware about AKHS,P policy, vision, mission and value and ISO 9001-2008
- Register all families of target population.
- Register all pregnant mothers; examine them regularly as per policy during the antenatal and postnatal period.
- Identify high-risk mothers, children and manage proper referral.
- Carry out growth monitoring of 1-5 year old children as per unit policy and identify malnutrition as per degree and manage accordingly.
- Ensure breast feeding practices and starting weaning diets at 6 months of age.
- Ensure implementation of IMCI and Reproductive health care according to the provided standards.
- Maintain standard cold chain maintenance and enhance good coverage of EPI and TT vaccination.
- Organize, implement and supervise health promotion activities with Family Health Workers to raise awareness of preventive measures, hygienic practices and nutritional status.
- Maintain good internal control system and MIS system and ensure timely submission of reports.
- Ensure implementation of infection control strategies and Nursing quality assurance strategies in the units.
- Maintain hygienic environment of health unit and ensure the proper disposal of the unit waste.
- Ensure implementation of health education/promotion activities in coordination with field team
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, which may include GPs.
- providing emotional support regarding issues such as postnatal depression, bereavement, disability, family conflict and domestic violence;
- supporting and training new health visitors and support staff;
- Should be fully aware of the mission and key objectives of the AKHS, P and endeavours to implement with team spirit within the department.
- Well aware about ISO policy and follow ISO protocol.
- Conduct health, education session according to world health days and morbidity, communicable and non-communicable diseases
- Must be regular and punctual of his / her duties.
Education, Experience & Competencies
- LHV Diploma or RN from any recognized nursing institution;
- Midfery Diploma / LHV Diploma
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a reputable institution;
- Intermediary level communication skills, both verbal and written with clients and staff
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate polite and courteous behavior at all times
- Demonstrate positive and receptive attitude to those in authority and to customer.
AKHS is committed to reducing our impact on climate and the environment and have set ourselves the goal of striving for net-zero carbon operations by 2030. All staff is expected to take part in making this a reality. The LHV/ Community Health Nurse accompanied with his/her Line Manager is expected to identify and understand which aspects of his/her work have most impact on the environment, and define tasks, work, and personal goals within his/her work plan to reduce these impacts and bring AKHS closer to net zero.
Interested candidates meeting the criteria can apply latest by January 31, 2023