Assistant Manager Digital Enterprise
Syngenta Crop ProtectionFull time Full day
Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading sustainable agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Our 53,000 people across more than 100 countries strive every day to transform agriculture through tailor-made solutions for the benefit of farmers, society, and our planet – making us the world’s most local agricultural technology and innovation partner.
Syngenta Group is committed to operating at the highest standards of ethics and integrity. This is a commitment that we are making to investors, customers, society, and employees. Syngenta Group is also committed to maintaining a workplace environment free from discrimination and Harassment
This role will primarily be responsible for rolling out digital products/services for internal users including but not limited to Field activities, Track & Trace, BSA Digitalization, Franchise Mapping, etc. This role will be responsible to ensure the execution of our digital strategy and drive adoption across the organization by identifying opportunities whilst ensuring a continuous focus on farmer-centricity. This role helps leaders to understand how digital can drive performance across multiple dimensions by the team and by country, highlighting risks & opportunities and fostering best practice sharing. This role will also establish an operating rhythm with the business to ensure our organization is running effectively and efficiently to meet goals and objectives. Frameworks to help structure organization thinking, drive visibility, and facilitate alignment will be important and should be used along with clear KPIs and performance tracking.
The Assistant Manager Internal Digitalization will be responsible for implementing Syngenta’s Digital Agriculture strategy with a focus on leading the development and implementation of the digital ecosystem of platforms, products, solutions, and services. This overarching role will cover the following broad services:
- Product Development
- Product Operations
- Business insights & Data Analytics
Led the overall design and implementation of digital transformation initiatives on an organizational level. Creating value-delivering digital platforms, including both conventional and digital means to strengthen the grower connect. Digitizing grower & sales data to develop a stronger understanding of grower preferences. Understanding the digital transformation strategy, and facilitating the adoption of digital platforms for internal users
- Understanding existing business and being a catalyst in the transformation process.
- Work with IT and ecosystem partnerships teams to design and roll out products and services within the agriculture value chain
- Understanding business requirements, creating a scope of work, and contributing to UI/UX
- Localization and customization of existing regional and global platforms, Business process digitalization, etc.
- Product Management for Digital Tools to ensure they properly support the BU Digital Strategy and enable product + offers.
- Marketing Promotion of Digital Services and Solutions in collaboration with the Communication and Digital Marketing Team
- Manage complex cross-functional projects to drive Product + development
- Create digital products to gather, use and effectively use farmers’ data and profiles
- Understanding ecosystem partners’ products and integrating their offerings and services by embedding or integrating through APIs.
- Create GTM Strategy and ensure its implementation for each Product + Service including clearly defined KPI reflecting potential incremental business value for Syngenta Pakistan
- Develop a profound understanding of users' needs and the local digital agriculture environment by continuously gathering feedback via face-to-face visits and by interacting with Field Team. Provide necessary inputs for Product + offers
- 2 to 3 years in digital product management and growth
- Relevant academic degree and/or appropriate professional qualification
- Experience of at least 1 year in Digital agriculture or AgriTech
- Experience with e-Commerce is a plus
- Change management and transformation experience
- Business Analytical and Planning skills
- Any experience in creating digital products for Pakistan’s rural audience will be considered valuable.
- Solid business acumen with experience in agtech, agriculture, or related fields is preferred
- Passion for digital transformation and data-driven approach to agriculture
- Deep knowledge of Precision / Decision Agriculture at the grower level
- Demonstrated ability to Lead a team
- Strong customer (grower & channel) orientation as demonstrated
- Development of digital assets including Websites, Android and iOS applications, chatbots, etc.
- Analytics knowledge: google analytics, firebase, mix panels, etc.
- Understanding of product design and UX research
- Deep knowledge of product development, operations growth, BI and ,Data analytics