Programme Coordinators Gender Parity Programme
United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
UN Women seeks to engage Programme Coordinators at the provincial level in (one each for Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), to manage the Gender Parity in the Justice sector program initiatives at the provincial level.
The Programme Coordinators will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of project management in their respective province, including planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and reporting of project activities as well as managing budgets and personnel/ consultants. They will ensure strong liaison with UN Women’s other ongoing justice sector interventions at the provincial level and support the Head of Sub Office in implementing activities of the EVAW, Governance and Human Rights Unit as well as provide technical input and advice as and when required. Reporting to the Head of Sub-Office and with technical guidance of the Portfolio Manager Ending Violence Against Women, Governance and Human Rights, the Programme Coordinators will also be responsible for stakeholders’ coordination and maintaining strong relationships with external partners.
The Programme Coordinators will work in close collaboration with the Operations Unit, Communications Team, and other programme teams in the PCO, under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-office for ensuring smooth implementation of the project activities, managing information and data collection and sharing, and resolving complex programme-related issues with guidance from the Portfolio Manager.
Summary of Key Functions:
Provides effective support to Implementation of the Gender Parity in Justice
Program at the provincial level
- Guides coordination with provincial partners and other stakeholders
- Supports the monitoring and reporting on the Gender Parity Program at
- Advocate and facilitate knowledge building and management and communication
1. Provides effective support to Implementation of the Gender Parity in Justice Program at the provincial level.
- Coordinate the overall project work plan development and implementation according to Strategic Note/ program document.
- Develop provincial work plans, gather inputs and support the preparation of overall project work-plans, periodic narrative progress reports for UN Women and the donor;
- Design and develop gender training materials for the justice sector institutions at the provincial level in consultation with the relevant counterparts particularly with the Police Department.
- Design a recruitment campaign for women and girls in the institutions like the police and the judiciary.
- Strengthen the women service providers’ network at the provincial level through regular meetings and capacity building events.
- Support the HoSO in developing systems for project planning, implementation and monitoring, in collaboration with other justice sector programs at the provincial level.
- Record and maintain documents on relevant Programme activities, issues, and risks.
2. Guides coordination with provincial partners and other stakeholders
- Coordinate relationships with provincial partners to support implementation and expansion of the Gender Parity in Justice Programme, raise potential problems and suggest solutions;
- Identify capacity building needs and support partners through technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives, as needed.
- Liaise with other key stakeholders such as Women Development/ Social Welfare Departments, EVAWG Alliances and Provincial Commissions on the Status of Women.
- Provide inputs to the development of partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
3. Supports the monitoring and reporting on the Gender Parity Program at provincial level.
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring and reporting on the project from the planning to the evaluation stages.
- Monitor the implementation of activities and the expenditure of funds; conduct regular monitoring visits, as required.
- Draft and provide inputs to annual and quarterly reports; coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Provide inputs from Gender Parity project activities and results at the provincial level to feed into the Islamabad Office reporting.
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reports, as per requirements.
- Support the sharing and dissemination of knowledge products with UN Women team and external stakeholders and partners.
- Document lessons learnt and best practices from past experience and comparative initiatives; incorporate learnings into the ongoing work and suggest ways to improve the processes of the EVAW Unit based on this review.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
4. Advocate and facilitate knowledge building and management and communication
- Document the programme implementation process and products;
- Contribute to the exchange of information and provide inputs to the development of knowledge products internally and externally of the programme;
- Coordinate the organization of major advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the PCO.
- Identify sources and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other materials as required.
- Contribute to briefing materials, meeting notes, notes for file, PowerPoint presentations and other documents for the EVAW team and keep all papers ready for meetings.
Masters Degree in Social Sciences, Gender/ Women’s Studies, Law, Development Studies or relevant fields (5 years experiment),
Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences, Gender/ Women’s Studies, Law, Development Studies or relevant field (7 years experience).
At least 7 year of relevant work experience in development, programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
Ability and willingness to accept and manage multiple tasks with efficiency, with own initiative and without supervision
Knowledge and dedication to the UN principles required; experience of working with governmental bodies as well as civil society organizations is a must, along with management advisory services and hands‐on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects
Experience in the area of EVAW and gender responsive justice is an asset.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Knowledge of ATLAS system will be considered an asset
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Fluency in English and Urdu, knowledge of local languages will be an asset.
Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
HEC Attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UN. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to
present HEC attested degrees.
Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to (i) Present a verification/certification letter from the
university verifying the degree & student enrollment, or (ii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.
UN provides the Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume