DOPASI FoundationFull time Full day
16th March, 2023
Last date to apply
26th March, 2023
The Programme Manager will report to the Director Programmes and will work in close collaboration with the donors and program planning & implementation teams. The key impact of the post will be the achievement of project results as per the agreed project document and work plan. It will also ensure that the project’s activities are fully coordinated with other programmatic interventions within the Programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Managing the day-to-day activities of assigned Project(s);
- Coordinating project activities with Project Managers, Sub Recipients and with other development partners;
- Provide substantive and technical direction and assistance to the projects
Managing the day-to-day activities of the Programme:
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Director Programmes, the Programme Manager will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Provide substantive and timely input in the implementation of assigned projects, including reporting on progress vis-à-vis planned activities and expected outputs.
- Maintain close liaison with national authorities and Sub recipients, ensuring optimum participation and promoting ownership of national authorities in the implementation of the projects
- Review and develop reports and data analysis on the progress of Project(s) in line with the performance framework
- Coordinate the timely preparation of the quarterly and annual work plans and activity schedules; develop periodic reports to the Donor(s).
- Guide the Project teams in the design and development of project work plans, milestones and indicators with technical working groups, multi and bilateral partners and civil society.
- Ensure timely preparation of project(s) documents, work plans and other related documents for timely commencement of the project(s) activities.
- Ensure timely collection and provision of requested information for the quarterly progress reports.
- Jointly with M&E Manager, provide timely support to the management in the preparation of progress reports, financial planning and reporting, annual work plans and activity schedules.
- Coordinate with operations department on mobilizing goods and services to initiative activities, including drafting TORs and work specifications;
- Manage requests for the provision of financial disbursements
- Prepare the Annual Review Report, and submit the report to the Donors, and the senior management
- Ensure that the Project(s) Implementation Plans are updated on a regular basis.
- Provide Support to the Director Programmes in Proposal & Concept Development, Programme Description Development etc.
- Actively look for relevant opportunities and provide support to the organization in mobilizing resources
- Developing Grants Proposals
- Responding to Expression(s) of Interest
Coordinating project activities with related projects, SRs, Technical and with other development partners:
- Attending meetings, and providing feedback on the project(s)’ activities and future work plan;
- Liaising with the Project Managers, Project teams and preparing accelerated activities where appropriate;
Provide substantive and technical direction to the project:
- Technical expertise provided in planning and implementing of project activities
- Technical input provided and close collaboration maintained with the National TB Program and the implementing partners, including Sub recipients
- Training and ongoing support provided to the healthcare personnel
- Demonstrated experience in managing development projects. Experience in Health related Programs will be highly preferred
- Substantial previous experience in working with senior government officials & donors especially USAID and Global Fund
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination and facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Results oriented, flexible and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of donors such as USAID, WHO, and Global Fund systems is desirable.
Required Skills and Experience
- MBBS and MPH
- Candidates with prior publications in International Journals will be given a preference
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in Operational Research Publications/Paper Writing in order to disseminate research information
- Extensive experience in supervision, monitoring and evaluation of Health related projects
- Experience in the management and reporting of donor funded programs, especially USAID & Global Fund
- Significant experience in training of health professionals and providing capacity building in the health field
- Experience in preparation and analysis of work plans, complex reports (programmatic and financial) for large projects
- Experience in policy development, planning and program design
- Good negotiations and communication skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Team player, ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
Fluency in English is required.
“DOPASI Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.”
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume