Senior UX Researcher
CareemFull time Full day
At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the team
Our global UX Research team is a central team supporting the superapp, rides, food, groceries, pay, loyalty, and multiple other verticals within Careem. We design for human needs. This requires us to deeply understand the behaviors of the people behind them. Since we are currently located in the Middle East region and cater to a huge diversity of people from across the globe, it gives us a chance to understand the rich cultures, habits and attitudes of a variety of users.
The UXR team is currently looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join our Loyalty team (Careem Plus). You should be intuitive, empathetic, and curious. We expect you to conduct end-to-end user research in all aspects of our customer experience and work closely with strategic partners in technology and product teams independently. This is a great opportunity to bring to life our key initiatives across mobility, food delivery, and payments as well as learn from some of the best UX experts in the industry
What you'll do
As a Sr UXR in the loyalty team you will be a key advocate of the users at Careem. You are expected to bring innovation to everything you do helping shape and lead the user centric future at Careem. You will get to shape product experiences, from the very first conversation with the stakeholder through to implementation and feedback/improvement of the experience. You will utilize design thinking methods to create the best possible solutions along with product managers and designers for your products and you will use effective storytelling techniques to communicate with and to energize your stakeholders.
- Setting up processes: Automation of recurring data generation and UXR templates
- Setting up synergies between cross functional teams leveraging cross vertical insights and ensuring visibility of research studies among relevant stakeholders
- Defining problems using data, Creating proposals (objective, TG, key questions, methodology, timelines, deliverables), Recruitment questionnaire (RQ), Writing discussion guides (DG), Building visual reports (slides, figma, etc..)
- Workshop planning, brainstorming/whiteboarding
- Generating segments (personas), journey maps and blueprints
- Define information architecture, design & copy guidelines
- Quantitative validation of insights (max diff, basic surveys, SUS, ease of use, etc.)
- Influencing strategic decision making
What you'll need
- MA/MS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Behavioral Economics, or experience in a related field
- Strong portfolio that illustrates design research projects
- A thorough understanding of the entire range of research processes and methods: qualitative and quantitative, attitudinal and behavioral, with deep interest and knowledge in one or more areas
- Solid understanding of the product development lifecycle and how research can help at each stage
- Fluent in Arabic/English and/or Hindi/Urdu
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication and storytelling skills; ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire
- Passion for understanding the latest learnings and innovations in behavioral science, research methods, and UX design and applying these to your work
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a remote-first environment (3 days remote in country and 2 days onsite per week)
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume