Greenstar Social MarketingFull time Full day
Greenstar Social Marketing Pakistan (Guarantee) Limited is the largest social marketing organization in Pakistan having affiliation with Population Services International (PSI) Washington, D.C. USA, working to create positive health impact across Pakistan.
Education: Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Urban Health, Health Administration, Business Administration, or related field
Experience: 5 – 7 years, experience of working with public sector would be an advantage
BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB
Greenstar Social Marketing invites applications for the positions of City Manager based at Lahore. City Manager is primarily responsible to work closely with the district/city government and provide necessary technical support to carry out their service delivery function. He/she will ensure the achievement of all donor deliverables and maintain compliance with donor and organizational policies. The position will also be responsible to engage city/district leadership (PWD/Health or as required) to plan project activities and identify and resolve implementation bottlenecks.
- Having agreed on donor deliverables, the Provincial Lead will be responsible to disseminate these internally to all program staff.
- Will ensure a regular follow-up on donor deliverables so that any gaps occurring during the course of implementation are pointed out and resolved by discussion with relevant staff/implementing departments.
- In meeting donor requirements and achieving objectives, the Provincial Lead should function in line with existing Greenstar procedures and policies, laid down and revised from time to time.
- Work closely with program coms team to document best practices, analyze reports & results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
Planning and Strategy Development
- Work with PWD dept. for implementation of evidence-based coordinated High Impact Practices to meet the objectives of the proposed Project.
- Develop project work plans with PWD and City Implementation Lead and consolidate it into an overall project implementation plan which is then presented to all concerned and closely followed up. This will ensure that the program runs as per the donor guidelines, PWD (Health if required) ownership and achieves desired results.
- Ensure full documentation in program repository – both in hard and soft copy of all processes, approvals related to program.
- Develop relationship and coordination with city/district leadership (PWD/Health).
- Engage other key stakeholders like members of SOGP, Chemist association, private sector providers as appropriate.
- Ensure TCI agenda remains at top with the concerned officials.
- Capacity development of staff for clear understanding of donor deliverables e.g. data collection and reporting.
- Manage program staff performance, including routine feedback, regular supportive supervision, performance appraisals and capacity building.
- Analyse program data from time to time with city/district staff, share findings and recommendations with all concerned and develop action plans accordingly.
- Guide in development, implementation and management of evidence-based programming that is in line with organizational and regional best practices, national health plans and platform strategic plans.
- Have a detailed budget at hand with budget notes (more explicit than shared with the donor) to help track activities versus budgets.
- Close follow-up of availability of govt. committed funds.
- Be aware of and follow up on all support IEC materials and do all efforts to ensure timely delivery of materials for effective program implementation.
- Management staff performance through clear communication of expectations and deliverables.
- Gauge performance of team and take remedial action in case of performance gaps.
- Assist M&E team for program monitoring activities.
- Assist/support the M&E team in the development and implementation of sustainable and effective systems to improve accountability and deliver results.
- Actively engage with all concerned line staff (District/City. other partners) to ensure smooth flow of project activities.
- Knowledge of public sector work dynamics
- In-depth knowledge of family planning and maternal child health issues, program management
Managerial / Leadership Skills:
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong liaison skills for bilateral and diplomatic relationships with government
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Effective time-management
- Integrity and honesty
- Excellent writing & oral communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Innovation, collaboration, leadership, result focus, client focus, change orientation and communication
"Greenstar is an equal opportunity employer"
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume