UNFull time Full day
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services, advice and recommendations to governments, migrants, and community.
Over the years, IOM has expanded and affirmed its role as the leading Organization assisting the Government of Pakistan to ensure humane and orderly movement of people by devising practical solutions to shifting dynamics of migration, protecting, assisting, and supporting vulnerable migrant populations, promoting international cooperation on migration issues and serving as a key source of advice on migration data, research and policy development.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief/Radiologic Technologist, or the Radiologist or Chief Migration Health officer HAC, with the guidance of IOM Teleradiology Center/ for technical matters and the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission for administrative matters, the successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Prepare the daily chest X-ray worklist extracting from the overall health assessment worklist and share the worklist to the IOM radiology unit staff or to the external service provider and accompany the applicants to the radiology service provider for CXR taking if the x-ray is done by external provider.
- Enter the bio-data correctly and timely on x-ray reporting template for immigrants and refugees as needed and save files appropriately or pass to the radiologist as per work arrangement.
- Verify the identification of immigrants and refugees using original passport or valid ID with photo including name, age and gender to prevent substitution during X-ray taking, and assist in organizing and properly handling the applicants at the radiology reception.
- Assist the IOM Radiology Technologist or the external radiology service provider in X-ray related counselling, checking pregnancy for female applicants and taking consent or cross checking if consent was taken when the applicant is pregnant.
- Complete the identity confirmation part of the chest examination in e-Medical website, enter data into Global Software for UK pre-entry TB screening programme, and/or MiMOSA as needed.
- Assist in providing radiation protection lead shields to applicants, and in case of external service provider, make sure the external service provider uses radiation protection pelvic lead shielding for all applicants.
- Assist the radiologic technologist in entering the applicant’s biodata to the CR/DR machine and ensuring the standard and correct labelling of Chest X-rays by checking the correctness of biodata.
- When the IOM X-ray service is outsourced to external provider, remind the Radiologic Technologist at the external provider to take technically good quality CXR in accordance with IOM radiology guidelines and the resettlement country technical instructions.
- Make sure the chest X-rays are completed in a timely manner by the external radiology service provider when the chest X-rays are taken by the external provider and assist in the timely transfer of the chest X-ray images from the external provider to the IOM image server as needed when there is no set up for direct image transfer.
- Upload the chest X-ray image to e-Medical website timely and properly, burn the images on CD or prepare hard copy X-ray documents as needed.
- Communicate with the Radiologist in the mission or IOM Teleradiology Center for reading the chest X-rays, notify when CXR is done and sent to the server, receive additional view requests, call the applicants, and in coordination with the Radiologic Technologist, make sure the additional views are completed on time.
- Download the X-ray reports from the radiology system or shared folder where the reports are filed and deliver the report to the panel physicians as needed.
- Prepare the daily X-ray statistical reports and other necessary Radiology Unit related monthly statistics as needed. Cross check and confirm the correctness of the number of chest X-ray readings by Radiologist as needed.
- Coordinate with the staff in Migrant Health Assessment Center and IOM country mission, and x-ray machine provider when needed.
- Assist IOM radiologic technologist in maintaining optimal workflow, keeping the safety of the machines, keeping track of X-ray consumables and early notification, and in creating client friendly environment in the radiology unit.
- Contribute to the radiation safety measures in the Radiology Unit by complying to the radiation safety rules and regulations and regularly wearing radiation measuring badges while at work.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Radiography from recorgnized educational board with two years of experience;
- Diploma in Radiography with four years of experience required
- Knowledge and experience on x-ray related service is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in using of different software and medical/degital radiology system applications is advantage.
- Computer skills proficient in Microsoft Office,especially Excel required.
- Good command of English and Fluency in Urdu is required (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of any other local languages in Pakistan (Pashto, Punjabi, Balochi, etc).
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume