Resident Medical Officer, Otolaryngology, Department of Surgery
Surgery, Medical CollegeFull time Full day
The Department of Surgery provides comprehensive and sub-specialty care in the areas of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Dental-Oral, Maxillo-facial Surgery, General Surgery, Breast Surgery, Neurosurgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Paediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Urology and Vascular Surgery
The Department has 120 full-time and part-time faculty committed to teaching and research. Formal structured undergraduate teaching, postgraduate residency, and fellowship programmes are integrated into the academic functions of the Department
The Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Resident Medical Officer, Otolaryngology
You will be responsible to:
- Perform initial assessment, documentation, and follow-up of patients before being seen by the Consultant.
- Attend to calls from the ER promptly
- Perform/arrange to perform a quick initial assessment and formulate a management plan for the patient in consultation with either the
- Senior Resident or Consultant on call.
- Perform emergency lifesaving procedures.
- Communicate the findings and plan to the patient and/or family and the concerned ER staff and document the above.
- Operating room:
- Prepare, assist/perform under the supervision and document operative procedures in the OR
- Perform procedures independently/under supervision as per the competency list.
- Follow-up patients in the recovery room and hand over patients to recovery Room personnel. Document findings and management plan.
- Perform daily ward rounds with the members of the team and communicate findings, assessment, and plan to the Consultant.
- Document the above and appropriately communicate with patients, their families, and nursing staff.
- Be available on the premises when on call and attend to all patient-related issues in the ER or ward.
- Hand over and take charge of the departing team when duties are changed on call.
- Communicate and document changes in the patient’s clinical status to the senior Residents/concerned Consultant and then with the family.
- Facilitate learning of students and other health care professionals.
- Appraise medical literature.
- Design clinical research.
- Demonstrate commitment to self-directed learning.
You should have the following:
- MBBS from a recognized institution.
- One year internship with six months in Medicine and allied and six months in Surgery and allied disciplines
- FCPS Part I
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Please send your detailed CV to [email protected] and mark position number “10010094” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by May 15, 2023
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume
United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
Organizational Context/Project: (under this point, two types of issues could be addressed: a) the partners/organizations, besides the host agency, with which the UN Volunteer will be dealing/interacting with during the performance of the tasks under the assignment and the role...
GENERIC VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Health Officer, NOB, FT, Karachi, Pakistan # 21980
UNFull time Full day
UNICEF works in some of the world toughest places, to reach the world most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child,...
Sales Engineer - Karachi
Atlas Copco Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd.Full time Full day
Our solutions are a key part of most industries - electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more. Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations. Join us on our journey for...