Sr Anlst Accounting & Ext Rptg KSA
Mondelēz InternationalFull time Full day
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Uniquely Yours.
Under broad supervision, you will reconcile and adjust general ledger accounts and/or bank statements. You may also perform moderately complex analyses of performance results. In addition, you will compile, consolidate, and analyze accounting and finance information for financial statements and reports and perform other special projects as assigned.
How you will contribute
- Support accounting and external reporting activities including accurate and timely U.S. GAAP reporting and timeliness and integrity of statutory financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, KPIs, fixed assets, restructuring and intercompany charges. As required, you will support activities performed by Mondelēz International Business Services/third-party service providers during month/quarter /year-end close, statistical reporting and statutory audit
- Contribute to strong controls and compliance environment and comply with Mondelēz International’s AER policies. Support audit activities and provide information on auditors' request
- Perform moderately complex analysis of performance results as requested
- Embrace a mindset of continuous improvement. You will also identify ways of working in your area of responsibility
- Contribute to a high-performing Accounting and External Reporting (AER) team. Invest in personal development and contribute to the overall development of peers and the AER team
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE in accounting and external reporting including understanding U.S. GAAP, IFRS or local GAAP, close processes and financial reporting systems (SAP experience preferred). Knowledge in policy, controls and compliance design including SOX reporting
- BUSINESS ACUMEN and experience working in FMCG/CPG Industry or Big Four accounting preferred
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS including proven business partnering and communication skills. Experience working as a finance leader managing cross-functional and business partner teams to drive timely and accurate results
- GROWTH/DIGITAL MINDSET and the ability to leverage technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and financial system knowledge
- INTEGRITY and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values, policies and external regulations
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
The purpose of this position is to
- Ensure all financial data reported meets the parameters of accuracy and compliance
- Supervise the functioning of MBS Partners
- Complete various group reporting and Statutory accounts finalisation
- Take ownership of various projects as and when required
What extra ingredients you will bring:
The Position broadly covers (and not limited to):
- Setting up controls to ensure accurate day to day accounting, reporting and ensuring integrity of all financial information produced and submitted internally or externally.
- Ensure that the required financial information is captured accurately and made available in time and accurately per the required timelines
- Implement changes in the financial accounting and reporting to reflect the changes in business unit and organisation structures to enable management have the required degree of visibility and control over the business performance.
- Ensure and implement compliance with US GAAP and local accounting pronouncements (IFRS etc), maintain reconciliation between the two.
- Ensuring local statutory audits and GAAP audits are conducted successfully
- Timely Preparation and submission of the Income queries for EY tax consultant. Work closely with tax team and ensure timely filing of all tax & zakat with GAZT.
- Foreign purchase recon, fully responsible for doing the customs bayan recon with foreign purchases on monthly basis in coordination with CS&L. Follow up the pending issues identified in recon and set up a bi monthly meeting with CS&L & Finance.
- Lease Accounting, local point of contact for all lease accounting. Work closely with the global lease team. Manage lease accounting for US GAAP books as well as local statutory books.
- Preparation and reporting operating margin report on month basis on statutory accounting. Coordinate with Genpact for book the journals for the same.
- Review of Blackline and offline Non balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for liaising with external auditors for conducting the statutory audits and preparation of yearly financial Statements.
- Responsible for restructuring accounting and reporting
- Support the team during all internal audits with the Business unit.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring compliance to policy and procedure
- Maintain and review various approval matrix (Interco , Blackline, LKU Matrix, Bank accounts signatories)
- Support the Management in adhoc projects
- Act as an SAP Subject Matter Expert (SME) for various projects.
- Managing OPAL administration and all reporting and recon from SAP >> OPAL >> FIT >> HFM
- Review supervise and co-ordinate the activities of MBS partners
Education / Certifications:
- Post Graduate / Masters Degree (Finance)
- Deep understanding of organizational and individual development
- Business acumen
Job specific requirements:
- This position requires a strong 4 + Years of experience in Financial Accounting and reporting ideally with a MNC with exposure to tax
- Experience in working with financial systems example: SAP
- Strategic and analytical skills, ability to drive continuous improvement
- High emotional intelligence and Interpersonal Savvy, feedback skills including good team management & development skills
- Planning, priority setting, problem solving and monitoring skills
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Advanced experience in using PC - particularly Excel / Powerpoint. SAP experience would be preferred
- Drive for result
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Mondelēz International in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan serves the Middle East and Africa markets as well as Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Canada. Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, we have more than 2600 employees working across seven plants and six commercial offices; we make, bake, sell and deliver our products to customers. We are market leaders in key snacking categories with iconic global and local brands including Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate, Milka, Oreo and belVita biscuits, Barni Cakes,Tang powdered beverage, Chiclets and Trident gum and Halls candy.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accounting & External Reporting
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume