Entry Clearance Assistant, Grade-AO, Islamabad
Foreign & Commonwealth OfficeFull time Full day
Note: All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, experience-based segment and the behaviours and technical/ professional skills-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Main purpose of job:
Jobholders will undertake a range of tasks in connection with the processing of visa applications. We are looking for flexible people, who work well in a busy environment. It is extremely important that jobholders are adaptable and show a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks operating to challenging targets.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Streaming is the routing of work based on the wider operation and is critical to the efficiency of the operation. It is imperative the post holder sends the information to the correct place. A standard Operating Mandate is in place which the post holder will be required to follow when undertaking the activities described below.
Typical tasks include:
- Accurately entering data, including the amendment of biographical data as necessary.
- Linking and streaming applications according to risk data. The post holder will base decisions on a range of factors including workflow, location, age etc.
- The post holder will make decisions on what information they input into the system. They are also responsible for error identification and correction.
- Contacting applicants when additional evidence is needed in order to complete processing
- Assisting the management team and the wider Decision-Making Centre as required
- Monitoring and reporting the operational position
Enrichment checks are performed on documents submitted with applications and help Entry Clearance Officers to make more informed visa decisions.
Typical tasks include:
- Undertaking document verification checks.
- The post holder will decide which documents to enrich and whether they can verify the information they are enriching, i.e. deciding whether is it inconclusive or false.
- The post holder will be required to decide whether they have sufficient information, if they don’t they will need to go online and source further details to check the veracity of the information provided
- Carrying out telephone enquiries
- Performing interpretation during visa interviews as necessary.
- Performing other enrichment activity to support decision makers.
Visa Writers are responsible for the printing and dispatch of visas.
Typical tasks include:
- Checking computer records to ensure accuracy before printing, e.g. checking the quality of endorsement codes and vignettes.
- The post holder will be responsible for prioritising their workflow taking account of whether a case is PV or SPV
- Liaising with colleagues and management upon identifying any problems
- Following the correct procedures for the issuing, revocation or cancellation of UK visas
- Supporting management and other teams as required
- Printing and dispatch of vignettes as required for the post holder’s current DMC or other DMCs as required. Ensuring vignettes are dispatched within set deadlines.
- Problem solving any hardware errors they encounter.
Visa Support: responsible for administrative assistance related to:
- Providing support in managing the in-house submission of applications from Diplomat’s, members of the Military and Official Delegates travelling to the UK
- Working with the Afghanistan Relocations Islamabad Team and UKVI in Sheffield, assisting with the relocation of Afghan nationals to the UK under the ARAP and ACRS routes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners across the mission, including FCDO and MoD colleagues.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Evidence of working effectively against demanding targets;
- Evidence of using your initiative for problem solving;
- Previous experience of using Microsoft applications (Windows operating system, Office applications).
- A strong communicator with excellent spoken and written English
Level of language required: Excellent
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Previous UKVI experience
- Previous Immigration experience
Making Effective Decisions, Delivering at Pace, Working Together
Application deadline Application deadline - day Application deadline - month Application deadline - year
21 May 2023
Administrative Officer (AO)
Type of Position
Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week
Duration of Post
South Asia & Afghanistan
Type of Post
British High Commission
Number of vacancies
PKR 111,659 per month
Start Date Start Date - day Start Date - month Start Date - year
15 June 2023
Other benefits and conditions of employment
For BHC candidates, the Country Based Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply. For other than BHC candidates the basic salary will be PKR 111,659 per month.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCDO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
’Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the behaviour-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
A. Complete the Online Application Form
B. Complete the Motivation and Competency Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to inform their current line managers, else the applications will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by 21st May 2023 (latest by 23:55 hours PKT).
Please note that all the applicants will be required to strictly adhere to the security guidelines for British High Commission
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and no telephone enquires will be dealt with. Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, medical, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume