Senior Support Engineer
TEKENABLEFull time Full day
TEKenable requires a Senior Software Engineer in .Net C# for its expanding Support Engineering division. As part of this role, you will use your existing skills in C#/Angular configuration to support modern, cloud-based solutions and will have an opportunity to broaden your skills to other key Microsoft technologies. The technologies involved include .NET MVC, .NET core, Angular, Azure, SQL Server, Microsoft 365, and SharePoint. You will be exposed to all aspects of solution delivery including business analysis and development.
At TEKenable we bring the full range of Microsoft & Salesforce technologies and best-of-breed Low-Code platforms. We are an approved Salesforce partner as well as Gold Certified for Azure Cloud and Application Development, Microsoft Business Applications Partner of the Year 2021. Extensive experience in legacy systems integration and we offer licensing and Azure cloud as Managed Services.
The suitable candidate will work within our “Support Engineering” function that delivers software support services to our clients through software updates and issue resolution on implemented web and mobile applications. This team also interacts with our other functions for design & delivery teams, software engineering teams, and platforms teams.
TEKenable delivers software applications to our clients through software project implementations delivered on desktop, tablet, and mobile. These applications require ongoing “Business as Usual” support and maintenance via our support function. This support team also interacts with our other functions for design & delivery, software engineering, and platforms teams.
The suitable candidate will need to be a team player, self-motivated, and keen to work with existing software engineering personnel.
The candidate should have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, excellent customer engagement skills, the ability to problem solve, and the ability to work on more than 1 incident at a time and see tasks through to their resolution.
This opportunity should allow the successful candidate to expand their experience of C#/Angular, bringing their skills, existing customer engagement, and technical knowledge to the role, building on these and exposing them to various industry sectors and clients. It will provide a challenging work environment, within an organization that respects and depends on its employees.
- Mentoring and knowledge transfer to other engineers within the team.
- Working within the software support team to analyze customer incidents, providing updates, fixes, and resolutions on these.
- Understanding incoming incidents, and replicating these on UAT / QA environments to allow for fix verifications.
- Filter and resolve escalated issues within the support, acting as a main point of contact for other engineers to resolve issues beyond their skill set and knowledge.
- Drives Root Cause Analysis effort for critical incidents requiring actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Expected to complete work-related training and learning to obtain relevant Microsoft Certifications.
- Liaise with Team Lead to report on support issues.
And as a team member, you will also have:
- Experience in multiple IT disciplines including T-SQL, .NET, DB Admin, and job management.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with strong analytical skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with the ability to support and communicate with users on all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- A strong desire and ability to learn new platforms and technologies
- Willingness to 'Get your hands dirty
- Extensive commercial/industry experience working in software development environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline. Computer Science (desirable)
- Relevant technical accreditations are highly desirable
- C# .NET MVC (essential)
- CSS / Bootstrap
- Strong knowledge of OOP
- MS SQL (T-SQL)
- Source Control (e.g. GIT, TFS)
- JIRA / TFS / Task Management Tools / BitBucket
- Design Pattern
- DevOps Skills (Continuous Development / Continuous Integration)
- Azure / Cloud concepts Knowledge
- .NET WebForms
- DBA Skills
- Typescript / Angular
- .NET Core
- Mobile Development (i.e. Xamarin, UWP)
- Office 365 / SharePoint 365 / Dynamics 365 integrations development
- Any MS certifications
- MS Power Platforms
Benefits including - Remote working, Income protection, pension plan, employee referral scheme, health insurance, training budget, & company events.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TEKenable has been named Technology Business of the Year, included in the Deloitte Fast50 for the last 4 consecutive years, and won the Deloitte Impact award. We have also been certified as a 'Great place to Work' for 2023. We have global reach with operations in Ireland, the UK, Hungry, Spain & UAE and expertise across Financial Services, Healthcare, Agri-Food, and the Public Sector.
At TEKenable we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion as we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, disability, sexual orientation, generation, or belief.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume