Medical Receptionist (Collection Points)
Clinical Laboratory, Aga Khan University HospitalFull time Full day
The Aga Khan University Hospital is a not-for-profit healthcare institute that offers all medical services to their patients under one roof. In addition to the tertiary care hospital in Karachi, AKUH has a network of 4 secondary care hospitals, 30+ Medical Centres, and over 290+ Clinical Laboratories, 30+ Pharmacies in over 120+ cities across Pakistan. It also offers Home Healthcare Services and home deliveries of medicines. The Hospital provides Zakat for those patients who are eligible, and the health systems offers generous Patient Welfare to support those in financial need. In recognition of its high quality and patient safety, the AKUH is accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) as an Academic Medical Centre and its Clinical Laboratories are accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) for fast and accurate testing.
You will be responsible to:
- check and process laboratory tests
- provide lab tests related information to the patients
- hand over lab tests reports to patients
- handle cash and credit transactions and maintains the records of the excess/shortage of cash according to the laboratory policy on a daily basis
- check and confirm test requirements with patients and give necessary verbal / written information/ instructions so that the specimens are collected as per the lab test requirements
- handle telephone enquiries regarding lab tests and take patient’s appointments for special test
- carry out responsibilities as Phlebotomist as well at the Phlebotomy Centres and hence function as a dual worker.
You should have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- preferably one year work experience as a Receptionist with a reputable laboratory or hospital
- phlebotomy experience will be preferred
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- willingness to work in shifts.
You should send your detailed CV to human.res[email protected]. Please mention the position in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications should be submitted latest by May 31, 2023
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume