IT Support Officer - Grade - AO, Islamabad
Foreign & Commonwealth OfficeFull time Full day
Note: All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, experience-based segment and the behaviours and technical/ professional skills-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Main purpose of job:
Act as IT Support Officer.
The post holder must have well developed interpersonal skills and be able to work unsupervised. The job can be challenging at times, but it can also be very rewarding.
As IT Support Officer, you will be responsible for maintaining the Microsoft based IT systems and accounts for Local staff. This will include acting as first line support for major incidents. It is a vital role that includes procedural and technical work, a lot of problem solving and good service delivery. You will assist the IT Team in their responsibility for >200 PCs across two sites and will help in setting up new accounts, moving new arrivals’ accounts to Post and ensuring they have the relevant permissions to work from day one on arrival. When things go wrong you will help reset passwords to unlock accounts and managing >150 official smartphones. The Helpdesk in the UK will provide full support and help to rectify most problems remotely. You will assist the IT Team for all Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) staff and Partner Across Government including UK visas( PAGs).
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Act as liaison between local users, the Help Desk in the UK, and other IT stakeholders.
- Help protect the security of the system and ensure that potential breaches of security are reported and investigated.
IT asset management and procurement.
- IT Inventory Management including Identification of equipment for Procurement, and old assets disposal.
User accounts management.
- Manage active directories - Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practice regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies and procedures for system administration and appropriate use
- Provide 1st and 2nd level IT support to the user community.
- Proactive maintenance and support of the High Commission’s IT network, desktops, laptops, network, servers, mobiles, Video Conferencing and other infrastructure.
- Ensure maximum availability of the Embassy’s IT systems by troubleshooting and resolving IT problems.
- Mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on workstations, laptops, mobiles, printers, scanners and other peripherals. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Supervise visiting engineers and third party contractors.
- Management of Telephony network system.
- Train the staff on current IT environment including software
- Assist with projects such as office moves, telephony projects, IT rollouts throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support IT requirements of new staff employed especially the issuance and management of IT devices, such as laptops, desktop, mobile phones.
- Take part in Embassy emergency planning and response to a crisis.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad-hoc tasks as required.
A degree of flexibility to the role is required as post will currently undergoing a major refresh of all its IT systems. This is an ongoing process and we are currently approaching a number of projects that need implementation by end of 2023.
Level of language required: Proficient in oral and written English
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
Essential on arrival:
Skills: Possess IT proficiency and good knowledge of IT systems.
Experience : minimum 1.5 years of working experience in similar field.
Qualification: Minimum of Bachelor's degree.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
Create MS Access databases and can integrate with SharePoint site.
Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together, Developing Self and Others
Application deadline Application deadline - day Application deadline - month Application deadline - year
25 May 2023
Administrative Officer (AO)
Type of Position
Working hours per week
South Asia & Afghanistan
Type of Post
British High Commission
Number of vacancies
PKR 111,659 Per Month
Start Date Start Date - day Start Date - month Start Date - year
11 June 2023
Other benefits and conditions of employment
For BHC candidates, the Country Based Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply. For other than BHC candidates the basic salary will be PKR 111,659 per month.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCDO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
’Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the behaviour-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
A. Complete the Online Application Form
B. Complete the Motivation and Competency Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to inform their current line managers, else the applications will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by 25th May 2023 (latest by 23:55 hours PKT).
Please note that all the applicants will be required to strictly adhere to the security guidelines for British High Commission
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, medical, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume