EY Ford Rhodes: Manager Valuation, Modelling & Economics
EYFull time Full day
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
EY Ford Rhodes Chartered Accountants is a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited (EYGL) providing Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Strategy & Transaction Advisory services to our clients, both global and local, operating out of or seeking advice on doing business in Pakistan. With its Principal Office in Karachi and branches in Lahore and Islamabad, EY Ford Rhodes has been operating in Pakistan since 1948.
The Opportunity: your next adventure awaits!
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Valuation & Business Modelling Manager you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you’ll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
As part of EY's Valuation, Modelling & Economics practice we are committed to providing the highest quality services for matters such as acquisitions, divestitures, financings, reorganizations, financial reporting, dispute resolution and strategic decision making. Our services include:
- Formal valuation opinions that may be required for compliance, regulatory or other purposes.
- Fairness opinions to help companies fulfill their fiduciary duties by providing independent financial analysis for shareholders and boards of directors.
- Valuation analysis and estimates for strategic planning, tax reorganizations and a variety of other purposes.
- Financial Reporting - Recommendations of fair value of tangible and intangible assets to support financial statement assertions (e.g., purchase price allocation, goodwill impairment, asset impairment, investments in private companies, complex securities, financial instruments, etc.).
- Litigation Support - Expert assistance and advice on financial and economic issues to assist clients in resolving disputes.
- Decision Modelling - Decision analysis models for risk assessment, business planning, and other complex data analysis requirements. Services include model design, build and review.
- Analytics - Robust quantitative analysis and insight through leveraging advanced data science, mathematics, and statistical skills; to provide evidenced-based analytics that inform our clients’ strategic and operational decision making.
- Economic Advisory - Applying economic principles and models to address client needs in the areas of policy, regulation and commercial decision making.
You will be responsible for leading and participating in valuation and financial analyses and applying valuation theories and approaches, including: gathering relevant supporting information; analyzing market and research information; participating in the formulation of valuation approaches; developing valuation models; and preparation of formal and informal valuation reports for a variety of matters such as tax, financial reporting, valuations, and litigation matters. This position requires experience to cultivate and manage client relationships and people management skills.
You will expand and strengthen existing client relationships by participating in internal and external business development activities. Depending on the needs of other sub-service lines within EY's Transaction Advisory Services practice, from time to time, you may be called upon to work in those sub-service lines. This position requires travel, as necessary
To qualify for the role, you must have:
Bachelor’s/Master's degree in finance, or similar disciplines (CFA qualification would be considered a strong asset).
- Minimum 5 years of experience and minimum 3 of those years in performing valuations in a Consulting environment, working independently and with senior stakeholders on multiple engagements.
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships.
- Ability to synthesize client information and understand key business drivers.
- Demonstrated people management skills.
- Strong computer and financial modelling skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills; superior analytical skills; demonstrated project management skills; and an energetic attitude toward successful project completion and business development.
- Willingness to travel as per business needs.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong team player, capable of performing in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to deal with confidential information with a high degree of diplomacy.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business and promoting a collaborative culture.
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for Transactional Advisory Services and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals.
What we offer:
- You will join a young, international, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm;
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well as on soft skills and project management;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career without sacrificing your personal priorities;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
At EY, the spotlight is on our people. You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo. Because building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume