Quality Control Officer
AkzoNobelFull time Full day
Date: May 11, 2023
Location: Lahore, PK
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world-class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens, and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.
- Ensures that the products delivered to customers meet the agreed quality standards using standard quality inspection plans.
- In liaison with RD&I, support production in the rectification of “out of spec” manufactured batches.
- Responsible for approving/rejecting all finished goods of the Paints & Coatings business.
- Responsible for approving/rejecting packaging material as per specifications agreed with suppliers as per certificate of analysis (COA).
- Review specifications for products & processes, indicate the gaps to the Quality manager & get them corrected to avoid customer complaints.
- Responsible for maintaining the retained samples of finished goods as per guidelines.
- Provide guidance to quality technicians to ensure the efficacy of quality processes.
- Keep accurate documentation & perform statistical analysis for continuous improvement of the quality process.
- Assist quality manager in the timely collection of KPI data & channel them into monthly manufacturing reporting and integrated quality reviews (IQRs)
- Ensure that all QHSE&S rules and regulations (including Good Housekeeping) are followed at the quality control lab.
- Maintaining CI culture in the quality lab and leading T1 meetings along with attending T2 meetings on a daily basis.
- Sending test reports of finished goods as per the requirement of the relevant business.
- 1-3 years of experience in the Quality Control department in the chemical industry.
- Operating knowledge of SAP & Microsoft Office.
- Has knowledge of applicable HSE procedures to the chemical industry
- Have a basic understanding of lean manufacturing.
- Works effectively with co-workers and peers as a team player.
- MSc Chemistry or BE Engineering
At AkzoNobel, we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best selves. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason, we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.
Only selected candidates will be notified.
Requisition ID: 30285
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume