Legal Aid SocietyFull time Full day
11th May, 2023
Last date to apply
31st May, 2023
Art & Design
Position Title: Communication Manager
Location of Work Station: Karachi
Type of Job: Contractual
Reporting to: Program Delivery Specialist and CEO
The candidate is responsible for creating, managing and executing integrated external and internal communications, outreach and strategic advocacy campaigns,initiatives and activities to help generate positive coverage and visibility of LAS as a whole and its various programs that strengthens the corporate brand and reputation among key stakeholders. These initiatives/activities include advocacy campaigns, above and below-the-line advertising, content development, research and policy product outreach and social media management. The primary goal of this position is to enhance LAS’s strategic visibility in a nuanced, meticulously crafted and thematically distinguishable comms and outreach interventions.
This position requires strong writing skills, sound professional judgment and discretion, outstanding relationship management and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is creative and collaborative and will be a solutions-oriented self-starter with the desire to grow.The candidate must possess excellent advocacy skills since he/she/they will be require to forge and maintain strategic relationships with local, provincial and federal partners to push forward LAS’s outreach and comms interventions.
The candidate will also be expected to work closely with the Research teams across Programs in order to curate strategies to promote LAS’s research and policy deliverables across relevant forums provincially, nationally and internationally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Understand and develop and Audience Deck for LAS and LAO (respectively) including all target audiences bifurcated by region, thematic area, product and type and frequency of Comms tools used to target them
- Develop a monthly and yearly Communication plan for the organization as a whole
- Work with Communications and Research Focal Persons within each program to help them curate Communication Plans for their respective programs
- Create an advocacy plan for LAS and LAO (respectively) comprising of required advocacy and lobbying efforts across Programs at a district, provincial, national and international level. Work with program teams and senior management as well as communication consultants to executive the advocacy plan
- Manage the comms team and assign responsibilities to each based on tasks at hand and individual strengths of each team member
- Oversee the management and quality assurance of all social media handles across LAS and LAO
- Assist Program teams and lead the execution of strategic roundtables, policy dialogues, events etc. for senior stakeholders across Karachi, Islamabad and Gilgit Baltistan
- Builds and maintains excellent partnerships with assigned internal departments to better develop, coordinate, direct, and facilitate strategic communications designed to meet organization’s goals.
- Designs campaigns to target specific audiences, placing an emphasis and discipline on campaign performance to help with recommendations for future programs.
- Directs in-house and external graphic designers, photographers, and other media-production specialists integral to the completion of marketing projects.
- Contributes to business development by advising Program Delivery Unit (PDU) on Communications, advocacy and outreach components to be added to new programs being designed by LAS or LAO
- Provides hands-on visibility support for assigned departments, paying close attention to timelines.
- Create a Communications Plan for Musaliha International Center for Arbitration and Dispute Resolution and work with the Center’s team to ensure sustainability and effective outreach to corporate partners
- Ensure visibility and promotion of Program work as per guidelines of program steering committee as well as in line with the donor’s visibility and communication guidelines.
- Ensure effective internal and external communication with multiple stakeholders
- Leads the development of critical informative and engaging material (brochures, newsletters, success stories, articles etc.) to create awareness amongst communities at grassroots level.
- Support the Program in developing literature and other materials to showcase, share and communicate details of various projects and interventions with multiple stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong external and internal Program related communications
- Responsible for writing script and editing video/audio documentation of Program success stories and building these capacities within LAS’s Communications Department
- Record keeping of program Media and Communication activities
- Ensure translations and composing of text in local languages.
- Develops an understanding of short- and long-term department goals and planned initiatives.
- Adjusts and communicates plan changes as necessary to ensure costs for materials, media, and labor are in line with the sales potential for a specific product or campaign.
- Works with leadership to take the pulse of overall business activity to identify cross-marketing opportunities.
- Stays informed of developments in the field of marketing and communications within the industry to foster ideas and innovation.
Integrated into our shared values is LAS’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics or conduct protected by law. LAS is committed to being an inclusive organization where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encourage to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at LAS has an ongoing responsibilty to respect and support a diverse environment.
REQUIREMENTS AND CORE COMPETECIES
- Master’s degree in Liberal Arts, Social Sciences or Journalism or Communications
- 5-6 of relevant experience.
- Strong network in the digital media and marketing industry
- Demonstrated experience with all types of social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web content management systems experience.
- Required advance level of English, reading, writing for drafting of various reports.
- Working knowledge of Urdu;
- Creative, energetic, ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Good Computer skills (Microsoft word, Excel)
- Demonstrated flexibility, motivation and maturity
Interested candidates may apply online latest by 31st May, 2023.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for test & interview.
Please email your queries at [email protected]
The organization reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
For further information please visit http://www.las.org.pk
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume