Support Engineering Manager MFS
EricssonFull time Full day
About this opportunity
At Mobile Financial Services we enable financial inclusion - truly using Technology for doing good in society! Our systems are used by hundreds of millions every day for services such as peer to peer transfers, payments, disbursements, loans, savings etc. We use the latest and greatest tech and techniques to guarantee innovative software with premium quality.
The Ericsson Wallet Platform is a product which enables our customers to provide mobile financial services. Customers are operators and banks, both of whom have very high expectations on the level of security which our EWP financial solution provides and the way the solution is operated, integrated, and customized. Together we work on a product that improves the lives of millions of daily users in Africa and the Middle East. We build our financial platform to help bring financial freedom to many people around the world.
Support Engineering Manager MFS role is part of Center of Excellence MFS organization accountable for support and operation of all Mobile Financial Services customers in region of MMEA.
Role reports to Head of CoE MFS in MMEA and part of unit leadership team.
What you will do
Maintain and develop teams of Support Engineers, Recovery leads and team responsible to own and maintain test bed environment.
- Be accountable for Mobile Financial Services availability and performance for all Mobile Financial Customers in MMEA.
- Maintain the MMEA MFS assets updated (test plant, Production) as part of support and operations scope.
- Establish and maintain frameworks including processes, tools and work instructions for MFS Support and operations organization
- Be accountable for planning and competence development of support engineers and recovery leads.
- Work closely with global organization BA TEB MFS to ensure stability of MFS Services as well is timely incidents and emergencies services recovery.
- Be responsible to provide input to the BA TEB MFS on roadmap requirements and participate in product design workgroup to ensure support and operations requirements are captured as part of EWP roadmap.
- Work Closely with MMEA CSS organization to ensure awareness of overall Ericsson ecosystem changes and its impact on MFS Services.
- Own and maintain Mobile Financial Services standard and normal Change Request catalogue,
- Own and Maintain Change Management process with its CAB governance as well as Quality assurance of CRs being placed into production environment
- Maintain security and recovery management practices and team to ensure customer deployments operations perform in alignment with SLA and customer expectations.
- Participate in MFS Cluster forum to support on specific initiatives, providing thought leadership and support engineering guidance
- Own Support Engineering Governance with defined participants from global and MMEA organization.
- Ensure weekly operational plan is produced, documented and shared for all MMEA MFS customers portfolio.
- Conduct Talent Management Plan job rotation based on performance assessment of resources
- Identify & implement standard methodologies, drive improvement programs, participate in external & internal networks. Ensure adherence to global and MMEA MFS processes, methods & tools.
- Define Performance KPI’s for Support engineering as well as functional reporting organization
- Manage and balance resources, cost, and competence (pyramids) based on business need and recruitment of resources ensuring diversity.
- Own and control units costs in alignment with assigned budget.
- Acts as key person for Mobile Financial Services emergencies and Critical tickets. Support customer issue in line with matrix defined at function level, act as 2nd level of support for MMEA critical issue
- Ensure compliance and ethics and exhibit exemplary role-model leadership behaviors
- Continuously strive to efficient and optimized delivery through automation of processes, MS tools AI engine and Ericsson Converged wallet capabilities related to support and operations functions.
You will bring
10-15 years of experience in leadership positions within the financial, and/or ICT industry
- Experience in complex financial/banking or IT systems Service Delivery or Support functions. 7+ Years
- Result oriented with customer first attitude
- Ability to lead multi-cultural and cross-functional teams, empowering and finding opportunities to collaborate
- Exposure and experience to latest technologies as Artificial Intelligence in context of operational performance and support.
- Experience in crisis management
- Strong delivery capabilities
- Strong financial and commercial competence
- Ability to work across a variety of different delivery unit types (complexity, maturity, scale)
- Developed analytical skills to identify trends, inefficiencies and value realization opportunities
- Very good understanding of Fintech Process and Global Directive, Ericsson Business Process, Financial and Delivery models
- Strong business, operation and financial skills
- Good at handling resource planning and competence development
- ITIL Expert/ITIL Managing professional certification is preferable
- Proven knowledge of DevOps, ITIL
This position is open across multiple countries in MMEA and the final location will be decided once the candidate is finalized.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.
Primary country and city: Pakistan (PK) || Pakistan : Federal : Islamabad || Cameroon : Douala : Douala || Egypt : Cairo : Cairo || Egypt : Cairo : Smart Village || Ghana : Accra : Accra || Kenya : Nairobi : Nairobi || Madagascar : Antananarivo : Antananarivo || Morocco : Center : Casablanca || Nigeria : Lagos : Lagos || Pakistan : Punjab : Lahore || Rwanda : Kigali : Kigali || Senegal : Dakar : Dakar || Turkey : Ankara : Ankara || Turkey : Istanbul : Istanbul || Turkey : Izmir : Izmir || Uganda : Kampala : Kampala
Req ID: 723385
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume