Head of Risk & Control
Standard CharteredFull time Full day
: Africa & Middle East-Pakistan-Karachi
: 12/May/2023, 7:31:09 AM
: 26/May/2023, 5:59:00 PM
Country Process Ownership
The Country Head, Risk & Control within in the Region will be the Country Process owners for the designated countries and will be accountable for the end-to-end business processes and are responsible for:
- Identification and management of the end-to-end processes as defined by the CCIB CC Process Universe and associated risks for the activities carried out by the business.
- Implementing CAS (Control Assessment Standards) to monitor the effectiveness of the controls and standards governing the end-to-end process.
- Being accountable to the Group Process Universe Owner, framework and policy owners and implementing the control requirements applicable to the process.
- Escalating significant risks and issues, through Regional Heads, to the Process Universe Owners, relevant Risk Framework Owners or Policy Owners.
- Responsible for maintaining an awareness of the wider business, economic and market environment in the country / countries which the Group operates.
- Continuously evaluate and identify operational risk implications of business strategies and programmes and provide guidance on any operational risk remediation actions.
- Responsible for contributing to and ensuring adoption of COO CCIB CC initiatives in the country / countries.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to specified BAU operational risk deadlines, along with the consistent execution of CST / KCI for relevant processes in the country / countries.
- Responsible for being a key escalation recipient for the business for all operational risk related incidents and queries that arise in the country / countries.
- Ensure risk ownership over validation checks performed is retained at the country level - specifically ownership of residual risk evaluations and associated remediation activities.
- Responsible for coordinating with stakeholders in the country / countries, region and group to increase transparency and share key developments, learnings and best practices.
- Responsible for supporting the business in the country / countries in minimizing operational risks and losses and ensuring material operational losses are investigated to prevent recurrence.
- Identify non-standard processes and ensure appropriate control mechanisms are implemented and approved.
- Responsible for regular dialogue with CCIB CC and country Compliance teams to ensure that Country Teams in the region are informed of product changes, regulatory changes, new policies, compliance reviews and audits.
- Continuously evaluate and identify operational risks for new products and new business, regulatory and thematic risks, and drive the implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate these risks across the region.
- Responsible for raising awareness of business controls, governance and supervision responsibilities amongst relevant staff in the country / countries and ensure an appropriate culture amongst all staff in this regard.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with policies applicable to CCIB CC which impact operational risk. Challenge processes, procedures, and policy together with Regional Heads, if there is opportunity for efficiency improvements.
- Responsible for speaking out on emerging risks for the businesses across the country / countries.
- Responsible for identifying knowledge gaps, facilitate development of training on Operational Risk for business staff and country Risk &Control Teams.
- Supporting Regional Heads in conducting peer reviews within or across the regions.
- Engage with other Regional Risk & Control Heads to share and drive adoption of best practices and provoke thought leadership.
- Responsible for developing strong working relationship with country, regional and global stakeholders to facilitate end-to-end investigation of business issues.
- Responsible for providing guidance to the business on working towards an advanced MCA, driving improvements in year-on-year average MCA ratings.
- Oversee the effective running of Country CCIB CC Operational Risk Forum (BRF).
- Responsible for ensuring adequate governance and oversight of operational risk in the country, through the escalation and appropriate resolution of risk exposures to the Country Risk Committee (CRC) and Non-Financial Risk Committees (NFRCs) as required.
- Responsible for escalation of issues, blockages, challenges and trends to the Regional Head, Risk & Control and Country business head (s), as required.
People and Talent
- Responsible for driving appropriate culture and values within the country team (s). Setting appropriate tone and expectations for the team, working in collaboration with risk and control partners across all functions to effectively embed a strong culture of risk awareness and good conduct for CCIB CC staff.
- Responsible for effective management of the Country Risk & Control team, acting as a key point of escalation, identifying generic and operational risk issues and mitigating these effectively. Ensure the adoption of best practices for Risk & Control in the country / countries, acting as a role model – developing country-level Risk & Control career path, providing guidance where required.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the business in the region. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the first line operational risk team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters in the country.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume
Lead Frontend Engineer
SastaticketFull time Full day
Description We are looking for an experienced Lead Frontend Engineer, for our Karachi Head office, with a solid technical background and leadership skills, able work in a fast-paced environment primarily using the latest front-end development practices. The incumbent must have...
Machine Operator, Laundry & Linen Services Department
Laundry and Linen Services, Materials Management, Aga Khan UniversityFull time Full day
Introduction Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries distributed across three continents. As an integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network, AKU provides higher...
Commercial Project Manager - Karachi/Pakistan
SiemensFull time Full day
Shape the future of a growing business with Our Team in Siemens Pakistan ... We are a collection of innovative minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further. We’re looking for...