Head of Human Resources
Syngenta Crop ProtectionFull time Full day
Syngenta is a leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries works together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate, and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
The Head of Human Resources Pakistan will be responsible for developing and executing HR strategies that support the overall goals of the Organization. The job holder will work closely with the General Manager of Pakistan and the senior management team at Syngenta Pakistan to ensure that the HR policies and practices align with its business objectives and conform to local regulations & laws. Further, the job holder will be responsible for enhancing business / functional performance through appropriate advice and facilitation of robust, integrated people management strategies and processes.
The job holder will oversee all functions, including recruitment, compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations, training and development, and compliance in the country.
- Developing and implementing HR strategies that support Pakistan’s business objectives and values through appropriate advice/interventions
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures in compliance with relevant local laws and regulations
- Coordinates and influences the development of a performance culture through the effective development of people
- Coaches and guides senior managers on people practices, e.g. people development, succession planning
- Facilitates talent management & succession planning processes in the country
- Drives Syngenta’s culture in creating a 'preferred' workplace for our employees and fosters an environment where employee behavior is aligned with our values
- Implements best HR practices
- To proactively anticipate and plan hiring especially at key positions.
- To recommend and jointly agree to recruitment initiatives for Pakistan and to examine and redefine them regularly.
- Develop a Country Engagement strategy to reflect both organization strategy and Best practices within the country.
- To develop a strategic plan for the creation of an Engagement culture journey within Syngenta Pakistan
Compensation & Benefits
- Conduct benchmarking, gather data & analyze current programs to keep abreast with market practice & trends in relation to C&B
- Maintains external network with other Organizations and keeps abreast with market practices & trends about C&B.
- Oversee compensation programs to ensure regulatory compliance and competitive salary levels.
- Oversee the design and development of compensation strategy and programs
- Develop/ Recommend and Monitor initiatives that have a direct bearing on both the Employee Engagement program.
- Plan and execute a succession planning model for senior-level management to Analyze, Identify and develop critical roles, and potential successors
- Design the Training needs plan and development for Identified staff to enhance the candidate’s skills and knowledge
- To enhance local market intelligence, establishing a database and maintaining people information on all competitors including organization structures and compensation scales
- Define assessment needs & develop/ acquire relevant tools in coordination with staffing
- To analyze and recommend HR initiatives based on recruitment and attrition trends through reports to country senior management
Training & Development
- Manage the Organization's strategic training and organizational development plan to meet the personal, professional, and organizational needs of employees.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to training programs to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- To manage all employer-employee-related issues, terminations, Union Negotiations, and any Labour/related issues
- A professional or relevant postgraduate management qualification is essential.
- At least 15 years of experience in Human Resources at both operational and strategic levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills, influencing.
- High level of analytical ability.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Sound knowledge of Pakistan Labour laws.
- Ability to negotiate and interact at senior levels.
Leadership and Behavioral Competencies:
- Communicate effectively.
- Display drive.
- Be decisive.
- Build trust.
- Lead change.
- Build teams and promote team work.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume