Communications Manager, Grade-EO, Islamabad
Foreign & Commonwealth OfficeFull time Full day
Note: All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, experience-based segment and the behaviours and technical/ professional skills-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Main purpose of job:
Create communication material in the form of press releases, news articles, announcements, letters, Op-Eds or social media posts to support communication activities. Working closely with the rest of the High Commission to manage the Communications planning grid. Deliver innovative, informative and targeted media communications.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Prepare well-structured drafts of Press Releases, Op-Eds, Speeches, social media content, and other communication products; Proofread and edit blog posts before publication; Update website content as needed and ensure communication is an integral part of the High Commission’s work.
- Adapting language, style, and tone of media and communications material to the type of audience we’re targeting; Monitoring the publication of written articles to ensure the whole process is error-free; Maintaining a relevant and updated media mailing list
- Work with communications teams and sections across the UK mission in Pakistan to maintain an effective media planning grid that accurately reflects forthcoming media opportunities across the whole of the mission and ensure that all the opportunities recorded in the grid are pursued.
- Develop an understanding of key digital audiences and target them with cutting-edge digital engagement.
- Work with the Strategic Communications team and attend project meetings to develop media and communications opportunities that will maximise the media impact of Strategic Communications programmes. Draft content and press releases in support of these activities when required.
- Regular media monitoring and publishing of relevant stories of interest to policy leads.
- Deliver a process for evaluating impact and lessons learned from media opportunities to inform future planning and benchmark the performance and show progress made on agreed objectives.
- Support digital collaboration and partnership opportunities with external digital platforms (e.g. private news sites, blogs, forums, etc.) to extend our reach to our target audiences and increase the impact of our digital campaigns.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
01 Staff Member, General Procurement Card, Corporate Credit Card
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Knowledge/experience of drafting clear communication content.
- Minimum qualification is a Bachelor’s Degree.
Language: English and Urdu
Level of language required: Proficient
Changing and Improving, Delivering at Pace, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together
Application deadline Application deadline - day Application deadline - month Application deadline - year
29 May 2023
Executive Officer (EO)
Type of Position
Working hours per week
South Asia & Afghanistan
Type of Post
British High Commission
Number of vacancies
PKR 174,259 per month
Start Date Start Date - day Start Date - month Start Date - year
15 June 2023
Other benefits and conditions of employment
For BHC candidates, the Country Based Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply. For other than BHC candidates the basic salary will be PKR 174,259 per month.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCDO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
’Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the behaviour-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
A. Complete the Online Application Form
B. Complete the Motivation and Competency Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to inform their current line managers, else the applications will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by 29th May 2023 (latest by 23:55 hours PKT).
Please note that all the applicants will be required to strictly adhere to the security guidelines for British High Commission
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and no telephone enquires will be dealt with. Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, medical, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume