Senior Officer Operations
HelpAge InternationalFull time Full day
15th May, 2023
Last date to apply
29th May, 2023
Operations / Administration
PKR 80,000/- plus other benefits
Position: Senior Officer Operations
Salary: PKR 80,000/- plus other benefits
Department: Operations Department
Finance, and Program Department
The main purpose of the role is to support the country office in Islamabad and field operations of the programme currently located in KP, Punjab, FATA and Sindh, by effectively co-ordinating and managing in accordance with the relevant organizational policies and procedures and best practice in relation to logistics, procurement, IT, security, office administration and human resource management.
- Oversee operations at Islamabad and all field sites, ensuring effective and efficient operational SOPs and Guidelines implementation.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with standard organizational procedures and guidelines and make appropriate improvements when necessary.
- Ensure that Minimum Preparedness Actions (MPAs) related to operations are taken to help scale up program for a humanitarian response.
- Ensure appropriate operation systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to maintain familiarity with donor compliance requirements, ensuring all projects are compliant with the donor and organizational procedures/ requirements.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of logistic and administration activities of the projects (e.g. procurements) for transparency and future donor inspection/audit.
- Follow-up and coordination regarding logistics matters with the field sites/offices.
- Undertake logistics systems monitoring/review
- Ensure and maintain updated records for all type of inventory and Fixed assets.
- Act as the focal person for the country program including the field sites security issues and advise the CD and other relevant staff about developments.
- Participate in all security forums, share the feedback and information with country and field team.
- Build the capacity of the country and field team in security, risk mitigation and incident management
- Ensure field site security guidelines are updated and reviewed as appropriate to security environment.
- Ensure all field staff receive and are familiar with the Security guidelines and SOPs.
- Security measures are in place in the field and country office level and the teams are adhere to those.
- Support with the development and revision of security protocols for staff.
Human Resource Management
- In liaison with the supervisor and HR Officer ensure performance management system is adhered to and provide support to HR for the forecasting of manpower requirements in field locations, Emergency projects, and implementation of HR policies.
- Support team members professionally and monitor/ support stress management
- Maintain good inter-team communications & engender positive team dynamics
- Monitor staff welfare in the field sites and ensure appropriate steps are taken to improve living and working conditions where necessary
- Ensure proper IT backups and Support the HR Officer in IT management, ensure robust IT system are in place and functional all the time at country and field office level.
- Troubleshoot and correct hardware/ software computer and network problems, where required.
- Provide support for software installation and troubleshooting.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks assigned by management
- Preventing harm and abuse from our people, operations and programmes to anyone that encounters our work
- Report all safeguarding incidents they see, hear, hear about or suspect, using our internal reporting mechanism
- Complying with all safeguarding framework policies and practices
- Completing mandatory training courses relating to our safeguarding policy framework and comply with HR vetting procedures
- Reducing the risk of harm and abuse in the field
- Involving communities in the design of programmes and complaint response mechanisms, be responsible for implementation and review
- Attending specialist field training on safeguarding as required
- Maintaining maps of support services for survivors
- Receiving and responding to complainants/survivors and ensuring that no further harm is done, following a survivor-centred approach, using the principles of psychological first aid, and signposting to relevant local services as needed
- Reporting all safeguarding incidents, they become aware of
Required qualifications and experience
- At least Masters’/bachelor’s degree in relevant field (equivalent of BBA or MBA, MS, MIT etc)
- Experience in the field of procurement will be preferred
- Working experience with any INGO/NGO for 4 years of which 2-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position in any INGO/NGO or Donor agency
- Having goods hands on drafting vendors contracts and related procurement reports
- Proven administrative, problem solving and organisational skills
- Understanding of logistics, Admin, IT, HR, and security systems
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style
- Experience of managing large teams situated in multiple geographic locations
- Flexibility and ability to work within different cultural and political environments.
- Use of a range of management tools to ensure effective running of the programme and the management and development of staff
- Problem solving skills in day to day and crisis situations
- we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Everyone who works at the organization shares our values and are committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
- Our values inform how we work together:
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions
We committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We encourage and facilitate a flexible working environment.
Everyone has a role in creating and sustaining a safe and respectful working environment, where no one comes to any harm or is maltreated. At International organization we take our responsibilities very seriously and will take action against wrongdoing. We will do everything we can to ensure that we do not engage people that pose a safeguarding risk and will undertake criminal record checks as required.
Note: Position will be filled on rolling basis.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume