Internal Control Manager Gulf & New Markets
Mondelēz InternationalFull time Full day
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Uniquely Yours.
You will partner with financial and operational management in a limited geographic or process area to understand and enhance internal control environments, risks, and mitigation activities to minimize the risk of financial losses, operational inefficiencies and statutory non-compliances caused by the lack of controls or effective governance. You will conduct deep-dive analyses on risk areas, provide training on controls, and support management in Control Self-Assessments(CSA) and SOX activities. In addition, you will manage the locally based Internal Control Managers.
How you will contribute
- Manage the Internal Controls agenda and processes for Gulf and New Markets including partnering with management to optimize the internal control environment through design, training, monitoring (CCM) and testing (SOX, CSA)
- Contribute to a strong controls and compliance environment at Mondelez International by providing expert assessment of our policy and controls effectiveness and organization compliance. You will also provide training on policy and controls
- Conduct advisory reviews on the identified risk areas. You will also support management in SOX testing/ driving the Control Self-Assessment (CSA) exercise. In addition, you will address ad hoc requests made by management as it relates to process, risks and controls
- Drive for harmonization, efficiencies and improvements to ways of working and build a mindset of continuous improvement within the Internal Controls team
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE in internal controls and audit practices including expertise in risk/control frameworks, enterprise risk management processes, financial policies and procedures, U.S. GAAP/IFRS and SOX requirements
- BUSINESS ACUMEN with an understanding of business practices within the country with knowledge in financial reporting, sourcing, supply chain, marketing, information systems, sales, shared service and customer service operations. Significant and relevant external/internal audit experience in a Big Four accounting firm and/or in a large global corporation. General understanding of enterprise resource planning applications
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS including proven business partnering and communication skills across a large global, public company; experience working as a finance leader managing a diverse, cross-functional and business partner teams to drive compliance environment
- GROWTH/DIGITAL MINDSET and the ability to identify strategic opportunities and leverage technology to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- INTEGRITY and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values and policies and external regulations
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
You will partner with financial and operational management in Gulf and New Markets to understand and enhance internal control environments, risks, and mitigation activities to minimize the risk of financial losses, operational inefficiencies and statutory non-compliances caused by the lack of controls or effective governance. You will conduct deep-dive analyses on risk areas, provide training on controls, and support management in Control Self-Assessments(CSA) and SOX activities.
What extra ingredients you will bring:
Lead Internal Controls processes for Gulf and New Markets including partnering with management to optimize internal control environment through ongoing review of controls design (Advisory Reviews), training, monitoring (CCM) and testing (SOX, CSA).
- Drive a strong controls and compliance environment within the BU by providing expert assessment of MDLZ policy and controls effectiveness and organization compliance.
- Enhance by providing training on policy and controls.
- Address the ad-hoc requests by the BU Management as it relates to process, risks and controls.
- Drive for harmonization, efficiencies, and improvements to ways of working and build a mind-set of continuous improvement within the IC team within the BU and region (where feasible).
- Support the Enterprise risk management agenda (ERM) within the BU to ensure that key risks and indicators are adequately monitored
- Support in the enhancement of internal controls skills and capabilities within the IC team
- Provide market support and partner with financial and operational management to understand and enhance internal control environments, risks, and mitigation activities.
- Conduct deep dive analysis' on risk areas, provides training on controls and supports management in control self-assessments and SOX activities.
- Monitors implementation of management corrective action plans designed mitigate identified risks.
- Advise business process owners on processes and controls improvements,
- Support business projects and transformations from controls perspective
- Provide training to business process owners on controls requirements
- Support fraud and special investigation reviews on ad hoc basis act as value-add business partner for stakeholders within the company
Education / Certifications:
- Professional internal controls, audit or accounting certification preferred
- MBA (Finance), CA, ACCA.
Job specific requirements:
Min 5-7 years of professional experience; some years of internal controls or audit related experience within a Big-4 accounting firm and/or large corporation's internal audit or controls department preferred. Experience in finance role is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of risk/control frameworks required
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience required
- US GAAP/IFRS experience preferred
- SAP knowledge preferred
- FMCG/Manufacturing experience preferred
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Mondelēz International in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan serves the Middle East and Africa markets as well as Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Canada. Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, we have more than 2600 employees working across seven plants and six commercial offices; we make, bake, sell and deliver our products to customers. We are market leaders in key snacking categories with iconic global and local brands including Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate, Milka, Oreo and belVita biscuits, Barni Cakes,Tang powdered beverage, Chiclets and Trident gum and Halls candy.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal Audit & Control
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume