Senior Research Assistant, Department of Pediatrics and Child Health
Medical CollegeFull time Full day
Aga Khan University, chartered in 1983 as Pakistan's first private international university, is committed to the provision of education, research, and health care of international standard relevant to Pakistan and the region
The Outreach and Research Programme of the Department of Paediatrics and Child Health has nine community-based field sites across Pakistan (including five in Karachi) and focuses on research for the betterment of women and child health. The Department has a Nutritional Research Laboratory as well as an Infectious Disease Research Laboratory that caters to the needs of its research projects. It has well-acclaimed work to its credit both at the national and international level
This is a contractual position
You will be responsible for:
- creating liaison with PI and clinical to determine eligibility of patients and their enrolment in the study
- working as a focal person for all enrolment and data collection
- preparing and sharing weekly and monthly progress report with the PI and research team
- contacting patients for regular followup as per study needs
- maintaining database of all patients contacted and enrolled in the study
- independently conducting interviews and jotting down detailed notes on interviews and observational visits in Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Consulting clinics, and occasionally at patients’ home.
You should have:
- a Graduation Or Masters (Psychology) degree or equivalent
- 1 to 2 year relevant experience
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- proficiency in computers especially MS Office
- willing to travel and work in the communities
- excellent report writing skills
- excellent Organization Skills and Analytical Skills
- good speaking and written English is a must
- may require some extra working hours
- the ability to showcase respect towards diverse cultural settings/differences
- excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks efficiently
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- resilience and ability to cope under pressure
- the enthusiasm to work in different communities.
You should send your detailed CV by email to hum[email protected] and mention “10048565” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by May 30, 2023
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume
United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
Under the technical supervision of Provincial Team Leader for Polio Eradication and the overall supervision of the Coordinator Polio Eradication; Programme Data Assistant will undertake the following duties: 1. Maintain and update a proper computerized information system of campaign data....
ReckittFull time Full day
Location: Karachi, Pakistan We’ll depend on you to keep us safe. Responsible for a site or region, you’ll: Understand the risks and potential impact of a wide variety of business issues Think strategically about our approach to security Convey the...
GENERIC VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Health Officer, NOB, FT, Karachi, Pakistan # 21980
UNFull time Full day
UNICEF works in some of the world toughest places, to reach the world most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child,...