SOC Analyst L1
ZonesFull time Full day
This is a rotational position, and you will need to be flexible to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift.
The SOC Analyst is primarily responsible for:
- To monitor and fight threats to an organization's IT infrastructure
- Utilize and adhere to defined workflow and processes driving the response and mitigation efforts
- Collect relevant artifacts in support of incident response activities
- Conduct technical analysis on impacted systems to determine impact, scope, and recovery from active and potential cyber incidents
- Validate findings reported by SIEM
- Take ownership of the cases escalated as events of interest
- To assess security systems and measures for weaknesses and possible improvements
- Threat and vulnerability analysis
- Carries out triage to ensure that a genuine security incident is occurring
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations
- Strong customer service, communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Enforce a high-quality customer services culture with focus on customer satisfaction
- Share and document your knowledge with teammates and guide them in the resolution of complex technical problems
- Need to be able to work independently and provide guidance to new staff on the team
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures.
- Ensure accurate and timely resolution of all assigned issues, confirming to a strict SLA
- Experience coordinating resolution of L1/L2 support issues, and escalations as required
- Design and prepare technical reports, charts, and graphs to record results.
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent in work experience.
- Client-facing communications skills (verbal & written) including the ability to communicate with all levels, from developers through C level Management
- Implement and manage security tools
- Review incident alerts, run vulnerability tests, and escalate severe incidents to senior analysts in Tier 2 / 3
- Investigate suspicious activities, contain, and prevent them
- Reduce downtime and ensure business continuity
- Audit and compliance support
- Providing security services to the rest of the organization
- Basic/mid level knowledge in areas like networking, malware analysis, incident response, and cyber etiquette.
- Understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security Architecture
- Experience executing incident handling procedures
- 3+ years experience in Microsoft Office 365, Azure, Windows Active Directory, Windows Server, Windows 7/8/8.1/10 OS, PowerShell
- Customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, broad experience with Microsoft 365 Security, Azure Security
- Defining new and refining existing business processes with 5 Star support being at the heart of all processes
Nice to Have:
- Certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, and Linux technologies preferred
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Service-Now, Zendesk, Jira, Freshdesk, etc.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment where technology and customers' requirements can change regularly.
Linux and MAC OS experience
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume
Programme Policy Officer ((Emergency Preparedness, DRR, Resilience Building)-NOA
United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity...
Business Support Assistant (Admin)- SC4
UNFull time Full day
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and...
Communication and Information Management Assistant(Temporary)
UNFull time Full day
Interested candidates need to apply through the link given below: https://jobs.ilo.org/job/Islamabad-Communication-and-Information-Management-Assistant%28Temporary%29/936003601/ Minimum Education: Intermediate/A-Level Minimum Experience: 5 Years