Consumer Insights Manager
British American TobaccoFull time Full day
BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT PK IS LOOKING FOR A CONSUMER INSIGHTS MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-level management position
FUNCTION: Business Intelligence
LOCATION: Lahore, PK
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Consumer Insights Manager will be a key role supporting the Japan Insights team in executing consumer, customer and competitor insights and foresights across Categories (FMC/THP/NC). The role, will effectively manage external research agencies, ensuring compliance to best practices to produce agile, high value & actionable insights.
The Consumer Insights Manager will furthermore provide critical support in delivering rapid & impactful insights mining & analysis utilising innovative approaches to aid business decision making to drive scale in our brands and protect the heartland base of our portfolio. With a strong focus on understanding the digital behaviour of consumers, this role will drive insights into action through on-going analysis across various digital data sets to augment and expand understanding of key adult nicotine user groups.
Relationship objectives are:
Create proactive and effective stakeholder engagement at all levels to maintain good relationships.
- Research Agencies
- Budget holders
- Cross-functional teams (Marketing/Finance/Commercial, others)
Reports to: Business Intelligence Lead
Reporting Level: Mid-level management position
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Bring the consumer perspective to marketing decision making by executing analysis and research activities (qualitative & quantitative incl. digital analytics) to provide insights and recommendations
- Identify ideal methodology and provide oversight on the data collection process, analytic work plan and narrative framework to ensure actionable insights are generated to support business needs
- Manage external agencies for the execution of consumer research projects and syndicated studies ensuring on-time - in full delivery of outputs at defined quality standard that deliver to initial scope and business objectives
- Analyse & integrate data from consumer & digital sources (e.g., website, social media, survey) to provide understanding of evolving consumer behaviour and shape strategic business decisions
- Effectively manage stringent project timelines for a fast paced business environment
- Translate data & information into impactful insights & foresights and convey analysis and recommendations via presentations and written reports to internal stakeholders
- Generate critical consumer insights via aggregation and synthesis of multiple studies and data sources conducted over a period of time. Advise & provide guidance on opportunities to visualise & dashboard recurrent tracking data
- Identify and propose improvement opportunities in current process to enhance the effectiveness of the generation of consumer, customer & competitor insights
- Continuously strive to improve current tools and methodologies to improve analysis of information
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Analytics or related field.
- At least 5 years prior experience within a similar role – market research / consumer insights / digital analytics / digital marketing
- Experienced in managing and executing a range of qualitative and quantitative research
- Advanced understanding of research methodologies and solid analytic skills including: ability to synthesize information, identify trends, reduce complexity and identify key opportunities.
- Familiar with data sets obtained from digital analytics tools such as Sprinklr (Social Media Listening), PowerBI.
- Strong analytic skills & critical/creative thinking skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (PowerPoint / Excel)
- Project management experience and strong capability of managing and prioritising a number of competing task for different stakeholders
- Proficiency in English, possessing strong communication skills
- Exceptional storytelling skills with the ability to present information in a simple and compelling format that has practical application
- Desirable Requirements:
- Experience in both research agency as well as client side
- Past experience on Tobacco category
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume